1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sixth grades girls in Texas to be forced to get vaccine against STD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Narz, Feb 3, 2007.

1. GinandTonic

GinandTonic Saphire w/ Schweps + Lime

Well since the majority of women in America will have this infection by the time they die it is probable that those not innoculated will become infected.

2. Xanikk999

Xanikk999 History junkie

I assume this is a free vaccine, considering its mandatory for school, and since school is mandatory.

Why would anyone complain about a free vaccine?

3. JerichoHill

JerichoHill Bedrock of Knowledge

75% of sexuallty active adults contract HPV. Most don't know it.

Nice try

4. Xanikk999

Xanikk999 History junkie

Solution: If the person is a one night stand use a condom.

If its your wife or girlfriend you really should know if she has STDs.

5. JerichoHill

What kind of solution is that. Hell, your wife may not even know about HPV, it is that sympton-less

6. GinandTonic

Unless you break out in genital warts or contract cervical cancer or whatever.

7. JerichoHill

Guess what? A CONDOM DOESNT PREVENT THE SPREAD OF STD'S YOU FOOLS!

8. Xanikk999

Xanikk999 History junkie

It can, but its not %100.

9. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

So no one thinks this is wrong for the government to withhold a basic right from the people in order to make some comply with a policy that wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on done any other way.

Why use the school system to enforce this? I keep hearing it's for the public good that age 11-12 girls get a HPV shot. So why not make it so that all girls have to get the shot. It is in no way right that girls that get homed or private schooled still have the right to chose, but girls going to public school lose that right.

There is no other vaccine for a illness that kids need to get to attend school that that there is no risk of or transmission in a classroom environment.

10. GinandTonic

Xanikk In the real world,

1 - Most people will contract this virus.

2 - It will cause 90% of cervical cancers

3 - You will not know if you have it or not

4 - You will not ask aparently healthy women to have a full STD screen before you do the nasty.

5 - Condoms fail

6 - When you have been with a partner for a while you will end up using the pill. You will almost certainly not ask for a full STD screen before doing so.

7 - Its just another shot FFS, cheap and AFAIK safe.

11. JerichoHill

No, CONDOMS DO NOT PREVENT STDS.

They prevent pregnancy. That's IT!

12. JerichoHill

Its a very easy way to get to the majority of the populace.
    Why are you complaining anyways

13. GinandTonic

Some STD they do stop, some they dont. If fluids are the infection vector they will stop infection as effectivly as they stop baby making fluids.

14. GenMarshall

GenMarshall High Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Better safe than sorry. Its good to see things thing going to stamp out STDs.

15. Eukaryote

Eukaryote Deity

Sounds good, I think the more vacinations people get the better. If I was a girl I'd be glad to be immunized.

16. woody60707

woody60707 Deity

I stated why i am "complaining" No one should have their rights withheld from them to enforce policy.

1. for the good of the public, HPV vaccine must be giving to every 11-12 yr girl, even in if they override the right of the girls to chose what she does with her body. - ok, understand that.

It's it not right to 1. denied the right a person has to attend school. 2. set a system of enforce where some get to retain there right to chose what is done with there body(homed and private schooled) when most will loss their right to chose.

I understand other vaccines, unlike EVERY other vaccine giving to kids, there is no danger to anyone when in the classroom.

Outside the classroom, yes, there is great risk. but once you moved outside the classroom you lose all pretends to use the school system as justification for policy enforcement. uneven and unfairly done enforcement of policy at that.

I am not saying we shouldn't deal with this problem, I am saying we shouldn't use the school system to do it if there is no danger to anyone in the classroom.

17. GinandTonic

Do you have any other mechanism for youth mass vacination? If you have the mechanism in place why not use it? Just seems conveniant for all involved. School nurse takes single large delivery and vacinates everyone, job done. Sending letters to every parent in the state and requiring them to take their children individually to medical centres, chasing the refusnicks and lazy - just seems a lot of pointless hassle.

18. brennan

brennan Argumentative Brit

That's right every girl should have the right to catch a potentially lethal disease. Nice argument.

19. Xanikk999

Xanikk999 History junkie

Vaccines should be mandatory, if only to protect the people who want the vaccine from those who refuse to get it but are forced to anyway.

20. Volum

Volum The Zapper

Isnt it better that at least som get it then, if the kid is in private school, or is home schooled she should still get the offer to take it for free IMHO.

But whats with all the everyone or noboddy mentality?