Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Large

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Huge

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters

Argetnyx

Emperor
What size map is your favorite? It defines the style of gameplay and speed. So there has to be different opinions on it.

My favorite is Huge, it takes longer, but I can be much more powerful.

:confused:

I have a penchant for the intermediate map sizes, "large" and "small." If I want a game on a bigger map I'd chose "large," as "huge" is simply too cumbersome. And if I want a game on a smaller map, I'd chose "small," as "tiny" maps feel too brittle. ("Standard" is just too ... uhmmm ... boring :D.)

Today I voted "large." Tomorrow I might vote "small."

I used to play huge maps and having a bazillion cities got way too cumbersome. Depending on my mood, I'll play either small or tiny - continents or pangea.

I like Huge maps, but I don't like the interturn time for them, as I have an older machine.

I like a size inbetween standard and large, 10 civs. I've adjusted my conquest file to get that - also adjusted the optimum city number and research cost to get them bang in the middle of standard and large.
I do often change the size, but I never go too far off from the middle path.

I must be Lord Ems soulmate. I do small maps for quickie fun games, large maps for long, epic, empire building games. Tiny are too small, standard are boring, and huge are only if I have a month to spare on a single game :p

I like the smaller maps because I like to finish the games when I start them. I find standard to be too long to play.

Lately I have been playing the tiny so that I can get a quick Civ fix and get back to RL... just in case.

Small has definitely become my favorite map size. It allows me to spend as much or as little time as I care to on a game. With standard maps, I just get too bored in the end game micromanaging all the cities, I can't even imagine trying that on a Huge map.

I used to love the large and huge maps. My last game, for fun, I did a large and the game took me over 300 hours to play it.

I don't like large maps anymore.

I've been into the huge map for some time now. I've been chasing what goes into the Global Warming effect and I can't seem to shake the desire for world domination, must be all those years of games like Risk, Diplomacy and Axis&Allies. The huge map with 4 AI opponents gives me most enjoyment and space to track down the Global Warming thing.

I'm a real nutty player. I don't play civ for quick thrill games. If i want that I'll play an FPS. For me, it's all about the Hyper-Empires.

Usually I play Huge Map with 16 civilisations and Mass Regicide, without excellerated production. Can take me weeks and months at a time per game. I've never once started a game on any other map size.

I prefer standard, so I can get 3-4 solo games in a month plus my SGs and occasional forays into the wrld of GOTM. Small and Tiny aren't big enough and Large and Huge take so much work.

Top Bottom