Size of Mushroom Clouds changed?

The Mad Russian

Armchair Dictator
I know this is petty but it's 6 AM here and before I get my day rolling I just want to ask something. I noticed the other day when I was playing an Information Era start that when I got my first Atomic Bomb and dropped on an enemy city, the animation of the mushroom cloud was significantly smaller than the mammoth graphic before it pre G & K.

Instead of this:

it's shrank to something I need to shove my face three inches away from the screen to see. I don't know if it was made to be smaller because of the new additions or anything, I just never knew of the change. It doesn't take me away from playing the game but I liked the oversized pre G & K mushroom cloud more. Just my two cents so don't troll me for it.

ya, atomic bomb animation is smaller......nuke missile has a really big animation, better range, better blast radius, and better destruction,....the animation is to represent this difference .....

I guess I should've launched an ICBM before I put this thread down. I'm glad to know though that they made a graphical change to the nukes due to the differences in power, range etc like you mentioned. Good to know and I appreciate it. Thanks

Top Bottom