Skip first turn

D551

Warlord
Hello CFC,
I have been working on a scenario and I've been running into a problem that I have not been able to figure out a solution for. This mainly deals with a few settings in the .biq editor. I have set several civs to have their first turn skipped in the scenario properties. But as I've been testing, I've noticed that the only civ that will skip it's first turn is the human player, but never the AI. I have also had issues with a lot of the scenario properties resetting? Such as the victory options, and alliances. I've tried a few things to try and find a solution, or to repeat the issue with a brand new scenario and it seems to be happening with other scenarios that I test out. Has anyone had similar issues with this? Or am I missing a simple solution to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

D551, as far as I remember, this is the way that this flag is working. It doesn´t influence AI civs - only the human player. The human player doesn´t have two turns in sequence for moving units. The skip-flag for civs and the stealth attack-flag for units - introduced with the Conquests of C3C - are not working as they are described in the Civ3ConquestsEdit.

What else should you expect from a man, who was responsible for the Conquests in C3C and is now the lead designer of Civ 6 with its 'wonderful' AI ?

Thanks for the input civinator, much appreciated. It's unfortunate that those features aren't fully functioning. I'll have to figure out some work arounds. Is there a way to determine the order that computers take turns? Is it determined by the way the list of civs is arranged? Or alphabetically?

Thanks for the input civinator, much appreciated. It's unfortunate that those features aren't fully functioning. I'll have to figure out some work arounds. Is there a way to determine the order that computers take turns? Is it determined by the way the list of civs is arranged? Or alphabetically?

I think the answer is by player. In MP this is more visible and even says what players are who. But in SP, I think it is by order of the rival boxes. So, if 2 humans are completing a wonder on same turn, it goes to the first player in turn order even if it is simultaneous moves. For the AI all their moves happen much quicker, but there should be some order.

All good stuff. I have a few new theories now that I want to try. In my scenario I have players assigned to civs in the player data tab in the .biq file, but on the map, the pre placed civs are assigned to just the civ, not the (player 1-Italy). Which generally, this works just fine, but I wonder if I could have more control of the civ turn order if I assigned the cities to the player specific civ.

I think this is a 'three-pipe problem' as only play-testing here can give an answer.

Top Bottom