1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls V

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by PeteAtoms, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Loppan Torkel

Loppan Torkel Deity

Ok, it's better than the earlier ES games, but I'm guessing you played and enjoyed the earlier iterations also.

Found this at the Skyrim Nexus: (unsurprisingly.. :lol:)

2. Azale

Azale Deity

Classes? I always custom made those in Oblivion anyway, that stuff is role played. Birthsigns are still there, you just have to use the ritual stones placed throughout the game world. Key skills...well, each race gets special skill boosts anyway...I really don't see how it's a grave omission.

Meh, I really don't see what's so bad about the Empire. I have a hard time siding with the rasist Stormcloaks as anyone other than a rasist Nord though.

3. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

Religious intolerance (among others). And yea i couldn't side with the Stormcloaks either since i wasn't even playing as a Nord.

4. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

I couldn't side with the Stormcloaks either. Of course, I'm also an Imperial, so that makes the decision a bit easier.

5. Love

Love Deity

I sided with the stormcloaks as an altmer to divide the empire further.

6. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Spoiler :
    Yeah the Stormcloaks would more than likely weaken Tamriel against invasion.

7. Love

Love Deity

Ah well it was a reason big enough to side with them to get their guests...

8. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

That's the plan for my second playthrough: a deep cover Thalmor agent trained in sword and shield.

9. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

My Altmer mage is working for the Empire, if only because (a) I ran after the Imperial chap at the start and (b) he's the same character as I played in MW & OB, so he's lived all three centuries under Imperial rule and has no intention of stopping now.

10. Evie

Evie Pronounced like Eevee

My initial reasoning is that Haldar was more sympathetic than the stormcloak guy. (Centurion girl was a total d-bag, but she received Kharma-by-Dragon*).

My reasoning, post-Thalmor Embassy is that I'm siding with the empire because the empire, at least, is under no delusion when they do the work of the Thalmor (and, while they have to pick their battles, can at least attempt to minimize damage and accept tradeoffs when necessary). The Stormcloak think themselves free from Thalmor influence, therefore making them unable to resist or minimize the damage this influence causes. As they say, better the devil you know.

My un-official reasoning is that my loyalty first and foremost is as a Thane of Whiterun and I know perfectly well I'd have to kill my Jarl if I joined the Stormcloak.

*I disagree with those who say that d-bag Imperial Captain is Rikke. Everyone else who's a named character in that scene is presented under their in-character name, and Rikke never mentions being at Helgen. And there are open references to how few people survived Helgen, which would be undermined if just about every speaking role in Helgen managed to escape.

11. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

The bugs in the Civil War quests are really starting to get annoying. Now I can't even do Blood on the Ice anymore. That's one house I'm never going to get. :mad:

12. Owen Glyndwr

Owen Glyndwr La Femme Moderne

The religious intolerance isn't the Empire though; that's the Thalmor.

13. Double A

Double A wak

But the Imperials are letting them do it.

14. Owen Glyndwr

Owen Glyndwr La Femme Moderne

What choice do they have? The last 30 years of the Empire have been them getting repeatedly bent over the knee of the Thalmor Union. Between Skyrim and Hammerfell, not to mention the shee going down in the East, what are they going to do? Say no?

15. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

I don't get the argument that the Empire is racially/religiously intolerant. Compared to the Thalmor, they are incredibly enlightened. Not to mention the fact that so far much of we know of the Elder Scrolls timeline is that the Empire is, objectively and in comparison to the various national orders that have preceded it, fairly liberal and egalitarian.

EDIT: Meanwhile, should you side with the Stormcloaks, you can only assume that once Skyrim becomes independent the Nords expel or massacre all non-humans in Skyrim.

16. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

About the only thing I have against the Empire is the whole trying to execute me thing, and even then that one guy apologized to me about it. Of course, considering the way I've been behaving since then, I probably deserved to be executed.

17. Love

Love Deity

I sided with the stormcloaks as my assassin/thief because a skyrim led by douchebags would give more contracts for the dark brotherhood.
    Spoiler :
    Also I don't think that the empire would greet me with open arms after I've assassinated their emperor and several commanders.
    Kinda regret it though after I took whiterun.

18. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

They let me join even after my actions on the Katariah. I'm sure quite a few Penitus Occulatus agents saw me during that questline. There's even two right outside General Tullius' base in Castle Dour.

19. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    The impression that I've gotten from the Imperials (aside from the wrongful exicution) is that they are fair much more liberal than that OTHER ROMAN-LIKE Faction in another game *cough* Ceaser's Legion *cough*

The Imperials in Skyrim have women Legates, Ceaser's Legion in NV doesn't!!

20. DaemonDD

DaemonDD It's a snekcess!

I don't plan to join the Empire because they are forced to work with the Thalmor. Kind of.
    I don't want to support those *lot's-a swear-words* snobs in any fashion, and if it requires a rebellion or no action to be taken, I'll be more than glad to let it be that way.