Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls V

He meant the skill level. There aren't enough skills available to get to 90. :p

And as part of the main quest the Jarl of Whiterun will assign you a companion (Lydia). I am at level 23 or so and have had her around most of the game so far.

Dragon armor looks awesome, but stats wise it is not as good as Daedric. Makes you feel like a real dragon hunter while wearing it...

By chance, has anyone completed all of the Daedric quests yet?

With the right enchantments and fortify skill potions it's possible to get the max armor level with light armor, if I remember correctly. With enchanting & smithing maxed out, and with proper use of blacksmith & enchanting skill potions you can make more powerful stuff than you will ever find, at least that is my experience so far.

And moving is a pain. I finally started buying other houses besides Whiterun, and they are waaay better and I want to move all my stuff there, but it takes forever. I like having my mannequins all decked out in snazzy armor, and my display cases and weapons racks all full of cool looking stuff....even if I will probably never use any of it :lol:

If you're a good enough enchanter/smith, it actually doesn't matter what kind of stuff you wear if it's past a certain tier (probably 4).

By chance, has anyone completed all of the Daedric quests yet?

I have. The artifacts look wonderful on Proudspire Manor's mannequins and displays.

You could boost your skills with potions and use invisibility and muffle to sneak around.

I can't do Boethia's because it requires stealth. :(

Well... one of the second to last guys did not die from an arrow shot and found me, I murdered him and the target and still completed the quest. You still should try the stealth path, less people killing you that way.

I can't do Boethia's because it requires stealth. :(

Spoiler :
It actually doesn't. Just kill all the people. Probably to make it fair for people who didn't invest in stealth and are wearing non-stealthy armor. You can still do the self-imposed challenge if you want though.

I am about to complete the final chapter of the lighthouse quest I found in Solitude. Great quest! The Broken Oar Grotto is very cool.

It is a pretty breathtaking cave. A very good place to
Spoiler :
kill that conniving, backstabbing, treasure-hogging lizard.

It is an awesome quest indeed. Loved that one, and he got what was coming to him there.

An arrow in the back after everyone except the invincible captain had dropped dead.

The good captain bashed my head in a few times with that warhammer of his... I finally just lured him into an oil slick and set it on fire as Lydia charged in and started hitting him with her sword.

The good captain bashed my head in a few times with that warhammer of his... I finally just lured him into an oil slick and set it on fire as Lydia charged in and started hitting him with her sword.
I dropped a torch into the oil and it just went out. What is the trick to getting the oil to light?

Learning to swim was fun too! I drowned once. I was expecting nasty critters in the grotto's water, but there were none.

Two questions:

Who and where are the appraisers for for unknown gems?

What do I need to capture souls? I have a couple of filled ones (including a grand :) ) but most are empty.

I dropped a torch into the oil and it just went out. What is the trick to getting the oil to light?

Usually there is a vessel containing hot coals hanging above the oil. Fire an arrow at the vessel and it will fall to the ground igniting the oil.

Alternatively, firebolt!

Learning to swim was fun too! I drowned once. I was expecting nasty critters in the grotto's water, but there were none.

Two questions:

Who and where are the appraisers for for unknown gems?

What do I need to capture souls? I have a couple of filled ones (including a grand :) ) but most are empty.

How did you drown when you have be underwater for so long?

Unknown gems? Try talking to the two members of the Thieves Guild in Riften that give you jobs, it's certainly one of them.

To fill soul gems, you can either cast a soul trapping spell before killing an enemy or, much easier, enchant your weapon with a soul trapping enchantment.

Unknown gems?

I love being stuck with 10 kilos/pounds(?) of quest items that I can't remove from my inventory until I finished the quest. I was doing the Thieves Guild. Without specifically looking for those gems, I found about half of them... But I'm now stuck with them in my inventory until I find them all. Yay.

Dear Bethesda, there is only one way to deal with quest items:
Cannot be dropped. Have their own tab in inventory. Weigh zero.
At least you got the first part right. Although it baffles me how you would get that first part right and the rest wrong. It suddenly becomes the worst possible way to deal with quest items one could conceive.

Although if somebody does the math, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that despite having a listed weight, they actually don't weigh anything. That would be very clear now Bethesda would it? If the inventory wasn't so crappy and annoying to sift through, I might try to calculate it myself.

Top Bottom