Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls V

Is there an easy way to record my hero's adventures?

Is there an easy way to record my hero's adventures?

That all depends. If on a console, that would get a bit complicated beyond the good old VCR. On a PC, FRAPS can do the trick.

The reason why i hate doing main plot quests is because there is a bug in it in my game. The old guy, Esbern(?), has the voice files missing or smthing. So when dialogue with him comes up, the text just skips ahead. So i don't understand much of what i am doing. :confused:
There was a fix out for that as early as two weeks after release, if not earlier.
Are you not on PC or did you really not think of googling your problem? :confused:

That all depends. If on a console, that would get a bit complicated beyond the good old VCR. On a PC, FRAPS can do the trick.

Not these days. You can get a capture card for eight dollars from Amazon or Monoprice. Not the best quality, but it gets it done. On the PC, Fraps is your best bet.

Does FRAPS record voice too? As in, can I talk over the game and be recorded as I do so? Or do I need another software to record my voice then sync then baaaaaaa

I am not positive. If you have a mic it should pick up on your voice, but I'm not familiar with Fraps, as I used Camtasia in my recording days since I always had issues with Fraps (terrible fps).

Not these days. You can get a capture card for eight dollars from Amazon or Monoprice. Not the best quality, but it gets it done. On the PC, Fraps is your best bet.

Hmm... I've been wondering how to capture video for my game on the PS3, is it possible that I can put voice into it as well?

@Birdjaguar

If you want to take down a giant, I would advise the fully upgraded Unrelenting Force shout to knock them on their backs. I then proceed to go up with two swords and slash continously.

Hmm... I've been wondering how to capture video for my game on the PS3, is it possible that I can put voice into it as well?

@Birdjaguar

If you want to take down a giant, I would advise the fully upgraded Unrelenting Force shout to knock them on their backs. I then proceed to go up with two swords and slash continously.
My unrelenting voice is fully upgraded, but I am not using dual weapons yet. That does sound worth trying just for fun though.

For recording though, I am on a PC.

Hm... I can only remember people using post-commentary with console games when using single player. There might be a capture card that can get microphone audio too, but I think you're restricted to post-commentary.

There was a fix out for that as early as two weeks after release, if not earlier.
Are you not on PC or did you really not think of googling your problem? :confused:
From experience i don't try to fix such problems because they fudge up the save game.

I notice a bunch of quest items that cannot be dropped that have weight. E.g. Helm of Winterhold (5).

Look at my post from last page.

Edit: In case it's not clear, in the screenshots, I'm clearly carrying a quest item supposedly with a weight of 2, but you can also clearly see in the bottom that I have 0 carried weight (I dropped everything except undroppable quest items).

XD

Viinruth: named dragon with an ice breath.

Snow bear, ice wolf: random mobs with 50% resistance to ice damage.

Crowning moment of awesome: reached by the above two critters in taking down (with some slight PC assistance from afar) a named dragon.

Am I correct in assuming that potions "stack" their benefits if more than one is consumed at a time?

What's with wispmother? She forced me to go another way on a recent quest.

My unrelenting voice is fully upgraded, but I am not using dual weapons yet. That does sound worth trying just for fun though.

That's basically part of my character's build is dual wielding weapons. Though I mainly have the left hand hold a dagger and the right hold a sword. With the right perks, it's a fast and deadly combat. Though the decision for me I that I'm playing a Ninjitsu character (a mix of warrior, thief, and some magic that helps stealth and laying down runes).

Hm... I can only remember people using post-commentary with console games when using single player. There might be a capture card that can get microphone audio too, but I think you're restricted to post-commentary.

Ah, thank you Synesnsa. I'm hoping to put out maybe a video series of some Skyrim stuff, was hoping I would not have to get an upgraded PC just to record video and voice with it.

How do the hot keys work and what is the best way to use them?

How do the hot keys work and what is the best way to use them?

Mark the items you use the most as favorites, open the favorites thumbnail (it's Q by default, IIRC, I dunno for sure because I changed it to be C) and then mark them with your numbers.

I have my primary weapon on slot 1, healing spell on slot 2, bow on slot 3, dagger on 4, etc. Just adjust it as you see fit. ;)

Mark the items you use the most as favorites, open the favorites thumbnail (it's Q by default, IIRC, I dunno for sure because I changed it to be C) and then mark them with your numbers.

I have my primary weapon on slot 1, healing spell on slot 2, bow on slot 3, dagger on 4, etc. Just adjust it as you see fit. ;)

I'm really upset by the way Bethesda handled hotkeys on the console. I really wish I could set more hotkeys :(

Top Bottom