Slave Economy - A Pitiful Method to Abuse Your Neighbours

I find you question confusing. Did you mean some kind of messages appearing just like wonders built that directs the player what the AI is up to?

Or

how much gold we have turn by turn

Something implemented to ease the player to assimilate information? Like hidden modifiers revealed to give an instance.

First, the code is right up everyone nose. Myself I didn't know at first I had it. Firaxis released the uncompiled version with is human readable C++ mixed with custom firaxian functions.
It's in the CvGameCoreDLL folder in BTS folder. It's a really confusing search when starting delving into those files. Now, I'm used to flip flop here and there but it took me 2-3 months to get used to the environment.

Second, those messages/alerts are implement-able. But it needs python knowledge. Unless a mod created the perfect module for ya, you need to implement some python lines to force the game to show some hidden information. DanF5771 did that for showing AI deciding what kind of war it has decided. I'm definitely not trained for this yet.

"Know you Enemy" article is in fact XML for noobs. It originated DanF5771 excel file that compiles in a ordered fashion all AI perks. Really all.

BTW, you can ask me whatever question you have in mind in "my personal thread" for game mechanics. I aware you that code diving is quite an ungrateful job on occasion. Both respect from community and results.

I've been trying to learn a bit more about rules and XML

XML is the tip of the iceberg. C++ is harder and most "hardcoded rules" are coded in this language. XML values are in fact a bunch of "soft-coded" parameters affecting some functions constants in the harcoded C++ files.

But if you are enthusiastic to it. Show me some code and I may translate in human word. If possible to me.

My question was more geared at being able to "see" exactly what actions an AI has taken, or for that matter, the human player. I think this would be useful in HoF practice games, well, at least if we are then able to manipulate those actions via some form of code.

Say the AI has 2 Chariots and 1 Sword that are about to attack some random Barbarian city. I would like to be able to "look" into the saved game and see exactly what turn they attacked and the result of said attack. This would give me more information to formulate my own time table to grab the city first.

Same thing in regards to reaching a specific tech in X amount of turns. I want to look into the saved game and see exactly how much gpt a certain AI had over, i.e., say the past 10 previous turns (I want to know the exact gpt available for all previous 10 turns) because this will then help me extrapolate my own formula on how to reach that tech first, etc.

End goal? To take that HoF practice save and be able to dissect any turn, with every action that's occurred (such as any AI gpt, or unit actions, or worker actions, etc) so I have more information to help me improve my specific goal at the time (whatever that may be).

Ah. I see the tool you need. The most powerful in-game tool for AI study and that came with the game...for modders.

It's the debugger. It doesn't say the very intricate purposes of actions, but let see AI movements without open/closing wb all the time. But beware, you cannot break an HoF save (locked modified assets on). Sadly, for those games, you need to be a hack to pierce defenses installed by the BUFFY founders.

But for all games without locked modified assets on, proceeds as followed:

1) Find in your documents folder BTS folder.
2) Find CivilizationIV.ini and open it simply with notepad.
3) Search for cheat mode.
4) You'll see a line with cheat mode equalling 0. Change it for "chipotle" after the equal symbol
5) After the manual change done, open a game and do CTRL+Z (shortcut)
6) You just entered debugger and you can play a game and see what the AIs do.
7) You eyes burn in front of such bastardized AI's doing so many blunders and random stuff.

Now get back to your walkthrough! Don't disappoint people showing real interest! :)

=/. I was hoping to be able to identify, verify, and track every action and gpt/rpt, etc, every single turn. And tbh, the main reason can be found in the last half of my previous statement:

My question was more geared at being able to "see" exactly what actions an AI has taken, or for that matter, the human player.

This would let me watch some of YOUR previous HoF save entries and see, literally, every single move, improvement, etc, so I could learn to emulate that style. :D. I want all the details! I even want to know what worker (#1 from city such and such, etc, etc) built a road on turn #, and on exactly what part of the map too!.... blah blah.

By tracking every detail I can learn more.

^
Um, you're weird. I don't really catch what kind of info you could learn from my playstyle...especially when I made a very precise semi-walkthrough with Saladin.
No way to crack protected saves, but I have a compulsion to keep all my autosaves (set to 1 per turn) since my first HoF game. My first was some bad late 1600AD U.N. with the Aztecs and I'm sure I still have those saves. I tend to make huge libraries....

I wanna see how you whip and conquer your way into huge amounts of land. In the previous HoF challenges you had great showings (across board really) in early conquest and space. Both were made possible by your success in war. As an example, I fiddled around with the Mongols GP map but couldn't do any better than 300-450 BC range so I've got to be missing some key points somewhere.

I think best answer for cseanny's wishes would be a video of a serious game with debugger on. There you could see all human moves together with most of AI's moves. I doubt anyone would like to make such a thing, not in serious game. Could be interesting though.

Yeah.... Another fine alternative could be watching someone live stream a HoF game. Now sure, I've already seen plenty of youtube games where someone is doing it but the problem arises that those people play too fast and have poor showings/results.

Now if someone were to do a youtube walk through, well, let me back up a little bit. If a truly elite player such as Tachy were to host something like this then we'd actually get some good game play. Now this isn't meant to be demeaning to any other HoF players but rather, it's just how I see it. Any person with half ass skills could post a top 7, 8, or top 10 walk through but those games are simply leaps and huge bounds behind a top 1-3 performance, which is what we really need to dissect in order to learn.

You know, Tachy got videos? The link is in her signature.

Will AI with increased aggressiveness of an attack attack an unprompted warrior on a non-defensive terrain even if this archer is a single defender of the city?

I don't think AIs will move their last defender out of a city if there is a hostile unit right outside of it for any reason, but don't quote me on that. I know AIs can leave cities completely undefended, I've seen an AI do that in one of Lain's games I believe (no points for guessing what happened next :backstab:), but that situation was very different from an early game worker steal "warrior stranded right next to an enemy capitol" situation.

I don't think AIs will move their last defender out of a city if there is a hostile unit right outside of it for any reason, but don't quote me on that. I know AIs can leave cities completely undefended, I've seen an AI do that in one of Lain's games I believe (no points for guessing what happened next :backstab:), but that situation was very different from an early game worker steal "warrior stranded right next to an enemy capitol" situation.

Thanks, that is my hope. I did couple simulations and they seem to attack only with at least 2 archers and even then it took AI a couple turns.

I also think it will be too risky, even with an overwhelmingly good odds, it would lead to a new way of "conquering" AI capitols early on, we would hear of it by now. Thanks!

Top Bottom