Slaver Ship Upgrade?

AnthonyG

Warlord
Is there is any way we can go about making this unit upgradeable? Pirate ship upgrades (I've captured one as the Ottomans), but not this. The Slaver seems to be the ship of choice when you accept the opportunity to take a couple of barbarian units, but it's kind of a drag to spend time on getting the Slaver XP only to know it's never going to be upgradeable.

I had a look, but didn't know where to find this unit. We could always swap it out for a Pirate.

This was bothering me too; try inserting the following line into the "G&K Enhanced Mod\GEM\Armies\GEA__Start.sql" file at line 153:

Code:
INSERT INTO Unit_ClassUpgrades (UnitType, UnitClassType) SELECT DISTINCT Type, 'UNITCLASS_TRIREME'              FROM Units WHERE Class = 'UNITCLASS_GALLEY';

However, the (default?) upgrade cost is only 5 gold and I'm not sure what that cost should be from a balance point of view.

It seems like the this is still a problem in CEP file CEA__Start.sql. The following code at line 186~ should upgrade barbarian pirates into biremes.

PHP:
INSERT INTO Unit_ClassUpgrades (UnitClassType, UnitType) SELECT DISTINCT 'UNITCLASS_BIREME',             Type FROM Units WHERE Class = 'UNITCLASS_GALLEY';

Top Bottom