1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Slavery Units

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Nomad or What, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Nomad or What

Nomad or What Wayfarer Supporter

Slaves and slaver units of various races: Orc, human, goblin, elf, dwarf, etc. Slaver uses 5 custom animations wielding a whip; slaves use CiV worker animations and are bound in chains. Custom animations are very basic and I intend to improve upon them as well as add more slaver and slave unit types so please review for updates periodically.

Inspiration for this unit is from Saibotlieh's Beastmaster unit; I was unable to import the animations, however, and had to build them from scratch using the same template (Civ IV Warlord) to create new animations. Hopefully they aren't too horrible as this is my first attempt at animating. Thanks Sai!

Sample unit: Orc Slaver with various slaves​

Completed:

Orc Slaver (2 skins)

Spoiler :

Goblin Slaver

Spoiler :

Orc Slave (2 skins)

Spoiler :

Goblin Slave

Spoiler :

Human Slaves (Asian, European, African, Middle Eastern, S. American)

Spoiler :

Dwarf Slave

Spoiler :

Elf Slave

Spoiler :

NEW UNITS NOT YET ADDED TO MOD:

Ogre Slave

Spoiler :

Stoneskin Ogre Slave

Spoiler :

Orc Slaver and Slave (Tan-skinned); Link directs to Orc Series - Tan Skinned download.

Spoiler :

Anticipated:

Human Slaver
    Dwarf Slaver
    Elf Slaver
    Lizardman Slaver and Slave
    Gnoll Slaver and Slave
    Ogre Slaver (2 skins; Deliverator's Stoneskin Ogre & S3rgus' Ogre)
    Others upon request

2. Uruk

Uruk Chieftain

Wow ! Your Work is Mega ! Cool

Now i must creat a Mod where i can add this Units :)

3. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

Great! I'll keep an eye on this for updates.

I'm probably going to need "race consistency" within a unit to fit other mod mechanics, at least for most slave units. If elves capture elves then that should generate elf slaves (no orcs/goblins in this ensemble). So I'll need the elf slavers, human slavers, etc. to pair up with slave members. But I see that's on your list. (I can reassemble members just fine...)

There is the possibility in Éa to capture Ogre and Hobgoblins (which are really Deliverator's Stoneskin Ogre and S3rgus' Ogre). So I could use these as slave members too. However (to directly contradict my paragraph above) I'll be happy to pair these with your existing orc/goblin slavers (these guys are too dumb to be slavers).

4. Nomad or What

Sure! Most of these are very straightforward to make; just scale them in the .xml appropriately since they are all rigged to a human scale skeleton. I can take any humanoid model and convert it into a slave and/or slaver; I'll add the two Ogre skins to the list.

5. bane_

bane_ Howardianism High-Priest

Is it possible to make asian-looking human slavers/slaves?
    If so, could you take that request? :)

Thank you.

6. Nomad or What

I plan on making an Asian human slaver and there is already an asian slave (from Civ IV); if you want them to look more ethnic than they presently are, please send me a template and I will happily create them for you :).

Spoiler :

7. Nomad or What

8. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Nomad, did you make the slaver animations yourself? As in, completely by yourself?

9. Nomad or What

Not completely; I imported the Warlord animations, added the whip, and modified the existing "Activate" animation to do the whip action. Saibotlieh has a Beastmaster unit that essentially does the same thing and I was just going to use that instead, but for some reason the mesh and skeleton corrupted when importing into Blender. So, the whip actions are mine (inspired by Saibotlieh's Beastmaster), modifying the existing Warlord animations. A bit clunky, but they work. I plan on perfecting them over time to better match the way that CiV performs its animation transfers.

10. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

No rush at all (it'll take a while before I can implement these) but I could use the other Ogre as well (as slave, not slaver).

My original thought was that these were just cosmetic differences. But it does seem like ogre slaves should have a nice bonus to work speed...

11. Nomad or What

Yep, working on it! I thought that the two units were the same and just had different skins; it turns out that they are completely different units. So importing them both will take longer than expected.

EDIT: Stoneskin Ogre Slave is complete; download from this post or from OP.

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

12. Nomad or What

13. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

:goodjob:

14. killmeplease

killmeplease Mk Z on Steam

great!
    may i use human slave units for my slavery mod?

15. Nutty

Nutty Deity

It's nice to give a heads-up, but the whole point of posting units in this subforum is so that modders can use them. :)