Slavery

sukha

Chieftain
I am using ROM+AND

I wonder if someone would actually help me understand if its better to use Slavery or Barter, I did some tests on a slave built economy, its mostly all cotages.
Without slavery I loose a good chunk of income, but that +50% to growth really hurts throughout the game.
But then I somewhat negate the growth by using Caste at the same time since my cities rarely go over 3 population I dont need as many :)

I am going to restart the same game from the beginning without slavery and see for myself how it goes.

If anyone got any tips about civics for a Warmonger, would really appreciate.

EDIT: I played the same starting position 4 times, so far I've come to such conclusions. It seems like slavery and caste are made to be used at the same time. On Farm+Mines economy both of them boost their output so its natural to use them together. Second option is to use only slavery, but build a cottage economy. I guess it depends on the place you start, if you cannot get any spots for farms early because its all wood or no fresh water then slavery+cottages otherwise slavery+caste is better.... Though cottage will always bring insane Commerce
I also tried using neither which was not very fruitful.

Then another thing comes into play, Monarchy I cant entirely get a grip on how to counter its :(, either Divine Cult with Monument +2 :) or Barracks +2 :)

Top Bottom