1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Slavery

Discussion in 'RoM Strategy & Tips' started by sukha, May 16, 2010.

1. sukha

sukha Chieftain

I am using ROM+AND

I wonder if someone would actually help me understand if its better to use Slavery or Barter, I did some tests on a slave built economy, its mostly all cotages.
    Without slavery I loose a good chunk of income, but that +50% to growth really hurts throughout the game.
    But then I somewhat negate the growth by using Caste at the same time since my cities rarely go over 3 population I dont need as many :)

I am going to restart the same game from the beginning without slavery and see for myself how it goes.

If anyone got any tips about civics for a Warmonger, would really appreciate.

EDIT: I played the same starting position 4 times, so far I've come to such conclusions. It seems like slavery and caste are made to be used at the same time. On Farm+Mines economy both of them boost their output so its natural to use them together. Second option is to use only slavery, but build a cottage economy. I guess it depends on the place you start, if you cannot get any spots for farms early because its all wood or no fresh water then slavery+cottages otherwise slavery+caste is better.... Though cottage will always bring insane Commerce
    I also tried using neither which was not very fruitful.

Then another thing comes into play, Monarchy I cant entirely get a grip on how to counter its :(, either Divine Cult with Monument +2 :) or Barracks +2 :)