1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep / Board Next Ship

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Strategy & Tips' started by Apprentice 2 SA, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Apprentice 2 SA

Apprentice 2 SA Chieftain

Civ II is undoubtedly the best game ever. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have little annoyances. It's a bit of a pain when you want a unit to sleep but not board the next ship: an attack unit whose job it is to wake up when enemies come close, for example.

Did anyone ever find a solution / work around?

2. Major Advantage

Major Advantage Chieftain

Yes, that is always a little annoying to make sure the right units board the ship. One way is to fortify them, since fortified units do not board the ship. However this unit will not wake up automatically when a foreign unit is at the gate.

Apprentice 2 SA likes this.
  3. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Neurotic Panda

Not quite as annoying as Nukes hitchhiking on just about any ship that can carry them.

4. Patine

Patine Chieftain

Yes, the very term after the PLAYER builds the Manhatten Project (so, no realistic time for the AI to even build a Nuke) and, in many cases, before that AI even has the Rocketry tech... :S

5. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Neurotic Panda

Bah, who needs rockets, they'll just use catapults, what could possibly go wrong...

6. Ali Ardavan

Ali Ardavan Mathematician Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

Makes me glad that I have never noticed that. Whether playing for conquest or spaceship, if I build Manhattan, it will be on the very last turn. Of course, I do not play many scenarios and in some you may not have that luxury.