Slight inaccurate things, small things that bother you

3. Alexander was the leader of Macedonia which even today is a separate country from Greece.
Actually, historical Macedonia is now entirely in Greece.

I'm not totally convinced that Ancient Macedonia was either Greek or non-Greek (although it wasn't Slavic). Different books I read seem to say different things.

Here's an obvious inaccuracy, the muslim holy city builds the dome of the rock, which is in Jerusalem, whilst it references the 'Masjid Al-Haram' which is in Makkah.

Well the dome of the rock just happenned to get built where the Jewish holy building is. So the developers probably figured it would upset the Jewish community to pick that same building. meanwhile there is another Muslim building ('Masjid Al-Haram') which probably has just as much importance to many Muslims as the dome of the rock, so the developers know the Muslim community would not be offended by using that building in the game instead.

Masjid Al-Haram is the Mosque in Mecca that holds the Kaaba.....

Probably they wanted to avoid that people got offended.... but IMHO a Muslim would be as offended by a really portrait of Masjid Al-Haram as per showing it with graphs of the Dome of the Rock ( BTW the 3rd most sacred site for muslims, where the Prophet ascended to heaven ).....

I don't think continuity was the issue; I've seen Straussburg in 3 places at once. Its a city in the German, French, and Holy Roman empires. The graphic being wrong is probably an oversight, like how the Kremlin has the graphic for St. Basil's cathedral.

Really? I honestly wasn't sure-they seemed too ordered, in perfect rows, and they all look virtually the same-and headless. Except for the people directly around the Kaaba-they're obviously human.

They look like they are praying. Either that or they are all wearing ritual garments (djellabas, dishdashas or something like that). They look like most crowds in any amphitheatre or stadium, really, but it is a phenomenal sight nonetheless. It all happens at one particular time of the year, rather than just as and when, and the interesting thing is that Saudi Arabia is one of the few places not to admit tourists, which means all those people are there to pray rather than to sight-see.

Really? I honestly wasn't sure-they seemed too ordered, in perfect rows, and they all look virtually the same-and headless. Except for the people directly around the Kaaba-they're obviously human.

They would have to have markings painted on the ground for people to line up with.

Change the Greek's UU name from Phalanx to Hopite, Palanx was the formation. In BTS it have the Hopite replace the axeman which is wrong it should replace the spearman like in Civ4. The movie for the Apostolic palance is wrong in the movie it shows the St Peter's Basilica which right next to the palance

Things like Quechuas (forget the innacurate name) being a stone age unit, and Keshiks being a classical era unit, when they were both far later. These aren't the only examples.

Stalin being able to build world wonders quickly, even though he famously destroyed a 'wonder' - the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour!

WHY ARE THE ROMANS PURPLE

Ugh. Annoys me all the time.

The Praetorian Guards colour was purple, and it was their 'royal' colour would be why.

But for most of their history 'commoners' were not allowed to wear purple so yeah overall its wrong.

Yeah, I know that the imperial high people wore purple.

Stalin being able to build world wonders quickly, even though he famously destroyed a 'wonder' - the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour!

And even today the world still hasn't learnt not to destroy wonders.... look at the Taliban destroying the bhudist statues in afghanistan recently. By doing that they must also support the destruction of Mekka or the dome of the rock... why? because i mean the thing is, wonders last through the ages and nations come and go, loose power ang regain it etc etc so on and so forth. So if the logic the Taliban used for the destruction of the Bhuddidt statues was deemed 'correct' by all nations, then the end result would be that not one wonder including muslim ones would have been left in existance today.

By doing that they must also support the destruction of Mekka or the dome of the rock... why?

WHAT?

'Logic' that Taliban used to destroy those statues:

Taliban government declared that they were "idols" (which are forbidden under Sharia law).

Can you name any governments that deemed destruction was correct? I have few suspicions, but i don't know.

Why does Elizabeth have Free Religion as her favourite civic? She did her damned best to wipe out Catholocism, continuing her father's policy.

Stalin is industrious because he was able to industrialize Russia. This was a very bad thing for us in the west because now, instead of being a backward frozen wasteland, Russia was and still is to this day a major threat to world peace and stability. Also, he was going the build the Palace of the Soviets where the cathedral stood, but he didn't check with a geologist first. Building big next to a river is a big no-no. Then he was all stupid about it, and acted like it was built. Talk about the emperor having no clothes, eh?

Top Bottom