Slovakia Nation v1,5 for CIV1,61

hrochland

Prince
Both leaders, Ludovit Stur and Milan Rastislav Štefánik are animated in last version 2,01
download here
_________________________________________________________________________________
Slovakia2.0 version with new Ludovit Stur animated LeaderHead
download

- New correct model for UU Zbojnik for BtS 3,13 created
- Added complete civilopedia enteries for Slovak Empire in Czech and English language
- 1-st UB Bratislava castle edited as other palaces (without changes), only for model in game
- 2-nd UB Slovak Krcma - replace grocery, better output than grocery
- Update for BtS 3,13
- added simple diplomusic for SK
download
__________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________
SlovakiaMod 1.6.2 - now unique building in version for 1,61 Patch
download
3/20/2007 - SlovakiaMod 1,7 for Warlords 2,08
updated for warlords
Bratislava castle remade as UB Palace
download
(This is my first work for Warlords. Take me, please, reflections about errors... )

SLOVAKIA nation for CIV4 1,61 by HROCHland and BORNAparte
Leaders: Stefanik, Stur
UU: Zbojnik, Partyzan (no reskin only)
NEW Wonder: Bratislava Castle
Some texts and leaders maybe I will add in next version.
Download from database:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4096
Older versions you can find on the Czech and Slovak fanatics sites: http://civilizace.kvasha.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

Congratulation on the Bratislava Castle wonder :lol: :lol:

and for the whole mistaken concept. Slovakia has to wait some years to become a civilization.

when they succeeded to exterminate Hungarian folks from the Carpthain Basin, then Slovensko might be proud of buildings and cities which are left here.

K.F. Huszár;5067406 said:
Congratulation on the Bratislava Castle wonder :lol: :lol:

and for the whole mistaken concept. Slovakia has to wait some years to become a civilization.

when they succeeded to exterminate Hungarian folks from the Carpthain Basin, then Slovensko might be proud of buildings and cities which are left here.

That was a stupid nationalistic reply.

The civ is nicely done, it is good to have more and more civs to play with. I would only question the balance issues (2UU, etc.), but it has the flavour.

if it was nationalistic then history is ultra-nationalistic.
and it was not a reply, just a silent remark :)

otherwise i admit that this guy made a nice work. however a nice work could be false at the same time.

Yes, the history of central europe was ultranationalistic during 19th and 20th century. I cost lifes of far too many people.

That's why I hate hearing all those remarks like: "Hungarians are a nation of horseback barbarians who speak strange language and eat paprika all the time." "Slovaks are nation too young to say anything." Gypsies are indians who can only steal" "Poles are zealous fanatics and vodka drunkards." "Czechs are lazy cowards." ... and many others.
You could write something like that under any CE nation submission.

Populists like Jan Slota, Kaczyński brothers, Vaclav Klaus or Viktor Orban are real threats to people rather than their neighbours. And you wrote your "remark" in that style. People in Slovakia are the only ones to say whether they are a nation or not. And there is certainly a civilization there.

Well, just first being offtopic:
i do not regard orban viktor and the kaczinski brothers, or dzurinda (slovakian)to be on the same level as jan slota.

second: i can bear the historical justice that hungarians had no cities 1100 years before - just bigger settlings. also, i can bear some other inconvenient pieces of historical justice.

the only thing i can not tolarate is when someone is not fulfilled with taking away someone other's lands but tries to take away its history as well - maybe for somekind of social pschycosis compensation?

i did not say a single word like this:

That's why I hate hearing all those remarks like: "Hungarians are a nation of horseback barbarians who speak strange language and eat paprika all the time." "Gypsies are indians who can only steal" "Poles are zealous fanatics and vodka drunkards." "Czechs are lazy cowards." ... and many others.
You could write something like that under any CE nation submission.

i just told that Slovakia is a young nation to be treated as a civilization. I did not say any dishonouric for the Slovakian national attributes.

But of course it is a game. You can make ANY civilization, with ANY imagianry cities as well.

P.S. the biggest danger for Europe are the politicians like Gerhard Schröder, Tony Blair and their '68 -like colleagues.

I made SlovakiaMod for request of my slovak friends. They most of all are playing CIVILIZATION4 and they enjoy playing, because it is game... ;)
I liked to read your opinions, of course, but first of all I wish you nice game :)

hrochland, that was a sober and cool attitude.

The city list which i can imagine rather could make me laugh - i would not have wrote for that case. the only thing which made me upset was the Bratislava Castle... that's all.

bye and good gaming.

it was my last post here (i hope :) if no offenders of Malina Hedvig should write here :) )

I don't think that Slovak national identity defines itself from stealing history from Hungarians, if you mean it this way, they have enough stories of their own. Trianon treaty may not have been the luckiest way how to divide lands by nationalities. However, by now it has become the basis of current states. It is too deep in the past.

If your main concern is Bratislava Castle/Pozsonyi vár/Bratislavský hrad than it is difficult to decide whose nation history it concerns more. There were Slavic fortifications before Hungarians came. Then it was for a long time an important centre of Hungarian kingdom, even capital for some time. The city was multinational. The castle fell into ruins and reconstruction was funded by the Czechoslovakia.
And as always you have to divide nation and country. It was main castle of the Kingdom of Hungary (country whose rulers were of austrian ancestry using german as their mother tongue). But you can't make a distinct line whose NATION it was capital.

And it was probably chosen because it is the most significant building in Bratislava which is now a capital of Slovakia. That is very simple idea.

I have always seen the term civilization a wrong choice, because the game is about states/empires. It is not about nations as well.

Anyway, I am afraid that we have been going too far offtopic.

PS hrochland, I wish good luck in further projects.

@ K.F. Huszár: sorry, I didn´t want take discusse out of casual politeness :)

@ TheBoatman: I had studied Slovak history for two weeks from available materials, before I wrote it to civilopedia. Unfortunatelly it is not translated all to English. In English version of civilopedia I write about ancient times of slovak history.

I will be glad to talk about slovak history with both of you, despite of my bad English. ((Now my friend is helping me with nag - nag - nag :hammer2: nag))

P.S. I will learn about Magyar history as soon as possible. I don´t know much about it now. Sorry guys :)

Less politics, more Civ's to play, please!

I tried the mod with the warlords expansion and it did not work. Will the Slovak mod be updated to work with the expansion?

I tried the mod with the warlords expansion and it did not work. Will the Slovak mod be updated to work with the expansion?

Yes, thanks, I plan remake Slovakia Mod for Warlords :) In this time I make unique building model... All work take me some time more...

:) Most of my models are in my HrochMod. Slovakia Mod I made with BORNAparte for Czech and Slovak Civ4 community and they need clean version. HrochMod here on the CF is not for download, because it has not civilopedia enteries in English (for my bad knowledge of this language)
You can find HrochMod v3,1 on the Adress: http://civilizace.kvasha.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65
In chzech and slovak language only, but link for download you there find ;)

Ok folks, just a little bit of history... (but before that : I am a liberally thinking person who does not distinguish people by race or religion, or etc.)
Slovak nation has arisen from its Slavonic predecessors.Although, modern Slovak republic has been found in 1993 (and before in 1939, but that state was an externality of WWII), there has been a civilization - state (!) in area of modern Slovakia, part of Czech Republic, and I think, also part of Hungary - called The Great Moravia - in 9th and 10th century. Language of those people was similar to present Slovak. Leaders of state were earl Svatopluk, earl Rastislav, etc. (names Rastislav and Svatopluk - besides other names used in Great Moravia - are familiarly used in Slovakia also today). Therefore, Slovak nation has also its ancient history, and it is not as young nation as might be thought of :)
Hrochland, BORNAparte : thank you very very much for this mod :)

Hi dear MacroSlawone :))

I can see a little gap in the history and culture of "Slovakian" nation. A 1000 years gap.

So, maybe the etnogenezis of the Slovaks has something to do with Moravia (founded by the mystic merchant, Samo /Samuel - a jewish merchant possibly/).

but it is not about "civilization".

Otherwise, just to see it in a more peaceful way: i just wonder, Slovakians and MAgyars could live and fight together in the Middle Ages, both folks having the "Hungarus-counsciousness" - creating a common civ, the Kingdom of Hungary.

all the bests

Top Bottom