Slow down!

Abaxial

Emperor
I'm fed up with this: I click on a unit to move it, and the UI suddenly changes focus to a different unit somewhere else. Worse, sometimes I've already tried to give an order to the first unit, and the second unit gets it instead, and focus shifts to a third unit. Also, often the UI selects one unit and then immediately deselects it and chooses another one.

Is there any way to slow this down?

Also, I find it irritating on those occasions when an action generates a floating message (e.g. religion changes because a religious unit is destroyed) the screen shifts quickly to another part of the map before you have had a chance to see it.

Turn Auto Unit Cycling off in the options and use the next action key.

Thanks, I'll try that. Don't think it should really be on by default ...

I think it should just work correctly by default.

I have lost so many units (at least that turns movement) to this.
Ya turning off auto cycle helps

You could also solve your problem by following the advice of your thread title: slow down. When the UI selects a unit, give it one half of one second to settle on the cycle choice. I used to have the same problem, and then realized that if I'm going fast enough that this is a problem, I'm probably going too fast and making mistakes.

A similar problem that I'm having is that the UI will sometimes, at least once a game, "forget" about one of my units. It will cycle through all the units, and then "next turn: becomes available but there is a unit somewhere that does not have preexisting orders (like a route) and for some reason isn't cycled to. What makes this much worse is that the unit marker is lightened and transparent as if the unit has already moved. Grrr

Top Bottom