Slow to take turns

Ways to reduce shift time

• settings

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • mods

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Upgrade your CPU which is from 2006 to an intel i3 or i5 from any year.
I would recommend the i3-8350k.
i3 is budget, i5 is performance, and i7 is for professional use and is usually not much better at gaming than i5.

Here's a comparison between Intel Core2 E6550 from 2007 (better than your E6300) and an Intel i5-2500k from 2011 (the CPU I have and will soon switch out).
Link

Notice that the i5 has a 190% faster single core computation speed than what the Core2 CPU has.

Last edited:
Could it be something related to graphics card? I only have On-Board here.
Do you think if you have an off-board situation the situation improves?
It may slightly but Civ IV came out at the early age of graphics cards. I suspect that the onboard one you have is more powerful than what was available back then.

On saying that, almost the first thing the program does is load all the defined graphics into memory, even if they are not used.

I was able to solve the problem.
I uninstalled all the remnant of Civ in the directory (including the expansions, rescues, etc). Reinstalling fashionable games and videos and additional videos like more characters and more music. Here are two directory folders. The normal one, when you install and another one that appears in the folder "My Games". Before I had installed C2C in both directories. This time I installed only the directory where I did a main installation. And boom, the shifts happen much faster, and now the "modifies AI time" has a greater effect on reducing time. I think the cause of this is the amount of times I send the modules and modules, and maybe the directory being overloaded, so I decided to reinstall everything again. The overload can come from the fact that I self-save from a game almost always. I would recommend leaving it to save automatically when you quit the game, for security reasons.

NOTE: This is a complete general physical in all CPU and efficiency of my pie was damaged, now I am operating with only 3Gbs, until I change one of them. I also did a manual update on the drivers. In order to solve the problem of other people.

Thank you all for your help.

Could it be something related to graphics card? I only have On-Board here.
Do you think if you have an off-board situation the situation improves?

It's not your graphics as much as it is your CPU speed. 1.87GHZ is Slow. Is this a laptop?

And having 10 to 40 second waits at end of turn is Normal for Civ IV BtS using Caveman2Cosmos Mod. The Mod is 1.7GB in size. Compare it to the size of the Core BtS game.

A well developed game ( past Renaissance era) on a standard map with 7AI will take even longer. The BtS game engine is a 32 bit engine single core and over 10 years old now.

lets check if it is game setting issue or PC issue. try opening my save game and see the turn times. it should be 60-90 seconds.
it is a space map...

Attachments

• Hua_Imm_Gig_Sta_Mar_Pre_3855-BC_Tem_Med_Oct-20-2018_11-33-00.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.9 MB · Views: 76
lets check if it is game setting issue or PC issue. try opening my save game and see the turn times. it should be 60-90 seconds.
it is a space map...

I've tested this map. My dream is at stake from history to time, with a large map, many nations and no marathon.
But it is difficult with the delay of the shifts.
But anyway ... Time presents as far as you guessed. About 80 seconds or less. It takes a lot but it's still average.

Would not there be another version of C2C that would pass faster, would not it?

Would not there be another version of C2C that would pass faster, would not it?
It's not likely you'll see any speeding up soon.

space maps are faster..... slower game speed helps in making faster turn speed.
Well Kation's space map is as fast as Large sized map with 7 civs, and after Information it slowly slows down, as player is building cities in space zones (AI have no will to build NASA and start space program), but its always faster than regular Gigantic map with 7 AIs.
Slower games slows down slower - techs and buildings are researched/built at slower rate.
Exact games with just different speeds should have similar turn time at X% game completed.

Last edited:
in my previous game, turn time had reached 45-50mins hence I was about to quit C2C. decided to try 1 space map before I go.
in space map the turn time is 2 mins. have reached till building lunar outposts. same laptop

the key difference was that in earlier map the AI had churned out 5000+ useless units like programmers / brute hence the best unit code was taking 40 mins. in the space map AI is more sane. know it for sure because when i posted it here, and removed the units turn time had improved. but AI rebuild the units in less than 20 turns. So not sure what AI changes have been made or I was just unlucky in that map.

I gave up making a big map with a lot of AIs.
I got a good 10s average time by placing 5 AIS on the banner map. But I left a mark on the barbarian civilizations for new civs to appear during the game.
in my previous game, turn time had reached 45-50mins hence I was about to quit C2C. decided to try 1 space map before I go.
in space map the turn time is 2 mins. have reached till building lunar outposts. same laptop

the key difference was that in earlier map the AI had churned out 5000+ useless units like programmers / brute hence the best unit code was taking 40 mins. in the space map AI is more sane. know it for sure because when i posted it here, and removed the units turn time had improved. but AI rebuild the units in less than 20 turns. So not sure what AI changes have been made or I was just unlucky in that map.

I noticed something like the barbarian cities happening.
They produce mass military units, which are more difficult to conquer than AIs.
Perhaps this mass production of troops can affect the turn of the shifts.
But I would like to create a topic about it, because there is one more thing that bothers me in the barbarians.

If you've been updating, there was a period there where that would've been a problem and I can't promise it never would be again but if you see that sort of thing, report the bug.

Top Bottom