Slow unit movement my biggest compaint!

I don't have a problem with the new movement rules, just the UI forcing you to skip that last remaining movement when there is literally NOTHING you can do except press skip. If the unit has an upgrade or can fire a shot then I am fine with having to skip.

The biggest problem I have is with the roads. They just don't speed things up enough. It's easy with trade routes to get your roads built, but it still takes an eternity to move an army from one side of your empire to the other or get a new unit to the battle front. If you found a new city you can either wait 12 turns for it to make a new worker or 12 turns for a new worker from your capitol to get there.
Yeah, it seems crazy to get rid of all but a few roads, just because some people think they are visually unappealing, then to have the few roads the game does have, hardly do much in the way of movement.

Last edited:
Some good points in this thread and I liked MyOtherName's post especially regarding how you broke down the 3 factors. HOWEVER, I think all of you are missing the most frustrating and terribly slow aspect of this addiction we call a game. BOMBERS! I love bombers but I hate to use them. The 20 seconds it takes them to fly, even though I queued up the other 2 or 3 or 4 bombers also while the first one goes just drives me nuts. I start them on their trips and then I go to the store and buy some beer and come back home and if I'm lucky they are done flying their bombing runs!

Those bombers should have a 2x speed at least.

The new movement took some getting used to for me, but I'm fine with it now. The nerfing of roads is a much bigger issue for me. The speed boost they give is pathetic, and should be as good as in V. They're also cumbersome to get working - I think the trader should be given a 'connect city to capital' and 'connect all cities' command to make the process of building roads between your cities less pernickety.

Some good points in this thread and I liked MyOtherName's post especially regarding how you broke down the 3 factors. HOWEVER, I think all of you are missing the most frustrating and terribly slow aspect of this addiction we call a game. BOMBERS! I love bombers but I hate to use them. The 20 seconds it takes them to fly, even though I queued up the other 2 or 3 or 4 bombers also while the first one goes just drives me nuts. I start them on their trips and then I go to the store and buy some beer and come back home and if I'm lucky they are done flying their bombing runs!

Those bombers should have a 2x speed at least.

Are you using quick combat?

Last edited:
Top Bottom