SMAC Energy Grid (8-12-06)

woodelf

Bard
Retired Moderator
Another SMAC inspired building model, the Energy Grid. 0.4 on the scale.

The screenshot has a shot of the Naboo Palace I built to act as a sci-fi palace as well. Energy Grid is the 4-pack of batteries on the left.

File found here.

:dance: First post!

The Naboo Palace is real awesome, I like that color!

btw: Are you using an assembly line? So much buildings in so short time!:eek:

Are the normals supposed to be sharp on the bottom part of the naboo palace? (or on the buildin to the right)

Grey Fox - The pic I had had some more square buildings than circular along side the round buildings. It's easily fixed if I'm mistaken.

Thanks Chamaedrys. No assembly line, but I'm making life easier on myself with good unwrapping.

You have SMAC, didn't you? Not Smacx? Except for the whirling rotors on top this goes to the secret project depicted ingame.

Keep grabbing them Civmansam. I'm making SMAC remakes, but the SW mod is in the back of my mind as well.

Geo - My SMAC won't load so I'm going from memory and bad imagination.

Cham - what do mean or need help with?

woodelf said:
Cham - what do mean or need help with?

When I unwrap in blender lots of the texture areas are rhombs. I correct this manual, but it takes a lot of time..:sad:

And another new skin by C. Roland added 8-15-06.

Attachments

• Rolgrid0000.JPG
    Rolgrid0000.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 130
The battery texture is much better and so are the connecting electrodes. My placing it into a mountain wasn't a great choice. ;)

Chamaedrys said:
Why is the ground so white?

In my "Test" mod where I load in new graphics I removed the ancient cobblestone road look of the ground and simply repainted it white. In my earlier screenies you can see how dumb that looked.

Top Bottom