Small ambition issue

Stringer1313

Emperor
I picked up OW recently after about a 2 month hiatus and I'm loving all the differences implemented since then.

I noticed one change might be that some leaders seem to be able to obtain multiple ambitions: the leader themselves might come up with an ambition themselves, and then one of the families will give you an ambition.

In my latest game, the ambition I came up with for myself ended up being identical to the ambition that one of the families suggested (and I don't know if this was coincidental but both ambitions were proposed in the same turn). The ambition was the legendary archives, forums, etc.

Thus I was able to kill two identical ambitions with one stone which I assume is not intended. So maybe the code should be adjusted a tad.

And please keep adding new random events! :) I love them.

Oh also, I don't know if this was a bug, but one of my ambitions was to clear barbarian camps. For some reason, clearing a tribe camp didn't count (which I thought was a change, and that only red barbarians count as barbarians), but then I cleared a second tribe camp and it counted towards that ambition. So that may be a bug.

I can recall a recent game where I cleared a tribal city and was surprised to be rewarded for clearing a "barbarian" camp. It's possible there's certain conditionals that are not yet publicly documented. It would really be good if the Encyclopedia were a bit more fleshed out and updated.

I picked up OW recently after about a 2 month hiatus and I'm loving all the differences implemented since then.

I noticed one change might be that some leaders seem to be able to obtain multiple ambitions: the leader themselves might come up with an ambition themselves, and then one of the families will give you an ambition.

In my latest game, the ambition I came up with for myself ended up being identical to the ambition that one of the families suggested (and I don't know if this was coincidental but both ambitions were proposed in the same turn). The ambition was the legendary archives, forums, etc.

Thus I was able to kill two identical ambitions with one stone which I assume is not intended. So maybe the code should be adjusted a tad.

And please keep adding new random events! :) I love them.

Thanks for the report, I'll check it out.

Top Bottom