1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Small ambition issue

Discussion in 'Old World' started by Stringer1313, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

I picked up OW recently after about a 2 month hiatus and I'm loving all the differences implemented since then.

I noticed one change might be that some leaders seem to be able to obtain multiple ambitions: the leader themselves might come up with an ambition themselves, and then one of the families will give you an ambition.

In my latest game, the ambition I came up with for myself ended up being identical to the ambition that one of the families suggested (and I don't know if this was coincidental but both ambitions were proposed in the same turn). The ambition was the legendary archives, forums, etc.

Thus I was able to kill two identical ambitions with one stone which I assume is not intended. So maybe the code should be adjusted a tad.

And please keep adding new random events! :) I love them.

2. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

Oh also, I don't know if this was a bug, but one of my ambitions was to clear barbarian camps. For some reason, clearing a tribe camp didn't count (which I thought was a change, and that only red barbarians count as barbarians), but then I cleared a second tribe camp and it counted towards that ambition. So that may be a bug.

3. Dave "old computer guy"

Dave "old computer guy" Chieftain

I can recall a recent game where I cleared a tribal city and was surprised to be rewarded for clearing a "barbarian" camp. It's possible there's certain conditionals that are not yet publicly documented. It would really be good if the Encyclopedia were a bit more fleshed out and updated.

4. Dale

Dale Deity

Thanks for the report, I'll check it out.