Small bugs that need confirmation

Risch

Chieftain
EDIT: My apologies, this ended up being way longer than I intended when I started. This is an ongoing list of bugs that seemed small enough not to warrant individual threads:
  1. Interrupting a leader's first 'introductory' message to you when they land forces them to play their 'entry speech' again later, overlapping on top of the audio of another speech (e.g., Is-ka-warren and Your village... play at the same time).
  2. Completing an expedition near the border of two different factions causes both to ask you to stop excavating artifacts near their territory, and gives you a penalty with both if you refuse.
  3. Aliens kamikaze-attacking you (i.e., running into a fortified unit and dying) will cause the AI to claim that you are attacking the aliens, and ask you to stop. Is this intentional? This is especially true of naval battles, where (for some reason) Sea Dragons are incredibly aggressive.
  4. When the AI tries to negotiate Open Borders agreements, they are either presented as tit-for-tat trades (i.e., Open Borders for Open Borders), or 1 Favor from the AI for a steep price from you. I've seen any combination of all your energy, some high amount of energy per turn, strategic resources, and Open Borders. The same trade is offered by multiple different AIs (which, somewhat amusingly, makes it seem like they are colluding with each other).
  5. Refusing aforementioned Open Borders for Open Borders trade will occasionally cause the AI to make the lopsided offer (e.g., 1 Favor from them for Open Borders, 5 of some strategic resource, and a high amount of gold) 1-2 turns later.
  6. AI will ask you to stop attacking aliens, but they themselves will continue attacking aliens.
  7. If the AI catches you spying, and you hover over your relationship status, it will say "They have been spying on you recently." This is a bit confusing.
  8. AI will occasionally offer you a trade that appears as nothing for nothing. I can intuit that this is usually an open borders trade request, but you can't accept it (because nothing is on the table), so all you can do is refuse.
  9. "Our agent was killed trying to steal a technology," but it doesn't tell me where that agent was. Successful operations do, however.
  10. Saying yes to an AI asking for help doesn't always give you credit (i.e., doesn't grant "They asked for help and you provided it.") Not sure if this is intentional or not since the times I've seen it is if the AI has a different affinity.
  11. If you do say yes to an AI asking for help, and the deal expires, they will try and renegotiate the offer, but say "We will need more from your side to make this deal work." This is a bit dissonant, considering they asked for help originally but it sounds like it was a mutually agreed upon negotiation. Again, this typically appears with an AI of a different affinity (and you still won't get credit for helping them).
  12. This is a bit of a nitpick, but the "Point of No Return Null" quest could use a bit of clarification. The initial decision between "production" or "energy" doesn't make it clear that building a colonist for the settlers will destroy the city and replace it with a settler. I didn't find this out until I had finished the quest, at which point it destroyed a very productive 14 pop city and replaced it with a settler.
  13. Another nitpick, for "Sky Mine: Chapter 2", when the asteroid impacts the planet it appears as a 'crashed satellite', which is fine if you remember what it was for and are paying attention, but less so if you save the game and come back later.
  14. It's been said elsewhere, but the AI thinks I'm still attacking a station that died almost 100 turns ago. And I keep getting a negative relations hit because of it, even though I swear I'm not attacking them anymore.
  15. Covert Agents en route to a city to reduce intrigue appear to reduce it beginning on the turn they start traveling. I saw a notification that the intrigue level in a city had increased, dispatched a covert agent for counter intelligence, and was informed on the next turn that the intrigue level had been reduced. Clicking on Covert Operations showed that the agent was still traveling, and due to arrive in two turns.

Can make an attestation to the last point, I had an agent en route to my capital to station there, and my agent who was still travelling managed to kill an enemy agent that was conducting an operation.

I was just playing and had another example of my traveling agent kill an enemy agent in my capital. I have the save from when the agent died on the computer turn.

Attachments

• Hutama_TURN 202.CivBESave
    817.5 KB · Views: 107
I can confirm seeing empty trade offers from AIs

Wish you had numbered them.

Confirm I've seen #4, #5, #9, #11, #14, and #15 (last).

Completing an expedition near the border of two different factions causes both to ask you to stop excavating artifacts near their territory, and gives you a penalty with both if you refuse.

I can do you 1 better: AI accuses me of the above, even though the site was next to my border when starting and inside my border when finishing. ;)

Another nitpick, for "Sky Mine: Chapter 2", when the asteroid impacts the planet it appears as a 'crashed satellite', which is fine if you remember what it was for and are paying attention, but less so if you save the game and come back later.

It may be a bug, but you can always check it under your Quests. (Confirmed.)

Another small bug IMHO. If the Capital City of a faction is conquered in a war, why can't I place my "displaced" spy in another city of the same faction?

Top Bottom