Small fixes suggestions not worth their own thread

PiR

Emperor
Supporter
Hi

This is a thread to make very small and picky feedback :) :p

Carthage campaign, scenario 3, this goal inverts the numbers of both resources (hoover to know which one is how many):

upload_2021-9-7_0-45-37.png

When attempting to steal research from a backwards opponent, the requirements text is missing a closing parenthesis.

Attachments

• steal_research.png
    steal_research.png
    399.1 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: PiR
When you manually click through the help section, the category you're on is displayed where the red box is. However, if you use the search function, the category is not displayed. This is especially confusing for terms that have two entries, such as Garrison (an improvement and a promotion).

upload_2021-9-6_22-40-38.png

That promotion is renamed to Warden in the next build BTW, we want to avoid instances of the same name being used for different things in the game, so please report if you spot more!

Page 13 of the manual is missing a closing paren as well
(which first requires building a Garrison.
Page 37 of the manual is missing an A
t this point,
Page 74 of the manual is missing a closing paren
damage on the counterattack (max of 2hp, but in neither case
Page 81 of the manual is missing a word, I think until
he won’t be able to take the last HP from your military unit he knocks the city’s defenses down

Page 82 of the manual if --> is
Finally, splash damage if your friend,

Page 82 of the manual is missing a closing paren as well
(you should too – in general, don’t attack something unless you’re pretty sure you can kill it on the same turn – don’t let enemy wounded get away!
Page 83 is missing a closing paren
If you’re comparable (the AI shows as “competent” on the game screen, then make sure your opponent is “weaker” militarily before you attack.

Last edited:
Page 13 of the manual is missing a closing paren as well
(which first requires building a Garrison.
Page 37 of the manual is missing an A
t this point,
Page 74 of the manual is missing a closing paren
damage on the counterattack (max of 2hp, but in neither case
Page 81 of the manual is missing a word, I think until
he won’t be able to take the last HP from your military unit he knocks the city’s defenses down

Page 82 of the manual if --> is
Finally, splash damage if your friend,

Page 82 of the manual is missing a closing paren as well
(you should too – in general, don’t attack something unless you’re pretty sure you can kill it on the same turn – don’t let enemy wounded get away!
Page 83 is missing a closing paren
If you’re comparable (the AI shows as “competent” on the game screen, then make sure your opponent is “weaker” militarily before you attack.

Thanks !

I referred Velocyrix (the author of this manual to this thread) and sent him the list of issues you found, I hope this is OK with you ?

Is there a reason why a large city cannot be allowed to swallow up an adjacent city site ?

You can "swallow up an adjacent city site", in game it's called making a minor city. If you own all non-urban land tiles adjacent to the city centre (you don't have to surround the entire city site and all its urban tiles), the site will be converted to a minor city, worth 2 VP, and will expand the parent city territory as if you had settled on the city centre.

You can "swallow up an adjacent city site", in game it's called making a minor city. If you own all non-urban land tiles adjacent to the city centre (you don't have to surround the entire city site and all its urban tiles), the site will be converted to a minor city, worth 2 VP, and will expand the parent city territory as if you had settled on the city centre.

Be aware that it will create the minor city at the start of the turn after you trigger this condition by buying the last rural tile. The first time I tried it, I spent 2000 gold and didn’t see it automatically convert, so I CTRL-Zed. But then learned that it does work, just not until the next turn.

Be aware that it will create the minor city at the start of the turn after you trigger this condition by buying the last rural tile. The first time I tried it, I spent 2000 gold and didn’t see it automatically convert, so I CTRL-Zed. But then learned that it does work, just not until the next turn.

An important precision indeed :thumbsup:

Thank you all for your answers. I had looked on the manual, couldn't find a mention and so assumed it couldn't be done. Hence I posted in this thread more as a suggestion. Will use the appropriate thread in future !

What if workers could promote to militia/conscripts? Worker-heavy starts end up with 10-15 idle builders for me during the mid/late game fighting.

Top Bottom