Small, Small problem with Paris spawning

McA123

Prince
It has happened, oh, I'd say 3 times now, I've started as France, I get in, and Paris is city ruins. The city is still there. double clicking where the box would be brings me into the city view thing, I can't build a city over the ruins, nor can I clear them with my workers. The name and production/growth aren't displayed, and while it isn't exactly a hamper to the game, it's kind of annoying and it makes me want to start over. I'ts a long way off from a big issue, and I was just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else with France (or any other Civ for that matter). So far, it's only happened with France for me.

I entered the diplomacy window and when I returned Paris was there. I've had the same problem with America as well (although that was many builds ago).

I don't have a reason, just a quick fix. I hope it works for you. Try the other advisor windows as well, if that doesn't work.

Ahh, well it was no big issue, I just usually go back to the main menu and start again, but a quick fix would be much better, thanks!

This happened to me, too. If you hit F1, you can see that it is an actual city and go to it, but it's seemingly in revolt (since none of the tiles are available). I had previously been playing an America game (fun but Aztecs invaded, I got bored of fighting so I saved and "Exited to Menu"), if that helps. I still want to try France, so I'll give it another shot tomorrow night.

SilverKnight

Yes, in a 97 game as France earlier, Paris spawned like that. I couldn't remember what you had said to do so I just exited to main menu and started over.

Top Bottom