[BNW] SMAN`s Privy Council - The Monarchs (formerly known as `After the Revolution!`)

Customized notifications, to let you know when you can change governments, and when other Civs you are in contact with change theirs. Every 5 turns the mod will let you know what your status is.

upload_2019-4-5_10-58-57.jpeg upload_2019-4-5_10-59-10.jpeg upload_2019-4-5_10-59-25.jpeg upload_2019-4-5_10-59-36.jpeg upload_2019-4-5_10-59-46.jpeg upload_2019-4-5_10-59-57.jpeg

Another significant change, all forms of government now spawn free units, to help implement the goals and ideals of the new regime. These units spawn as soon as the new government is selected:

upload_2019-4-5_11-18-8.jpeg

Last edited:
Good update. Would it be within reason to suggest an easy way for users to change the turn increment for customized notifications or even disable them, say via changing the values of some variables in the global lua file? Just a thought I had.

Thanks, @MariusMagnus - that's a good suggestion. I'll add it to the list for the next version. I already found about 20 typos/incorrect text fields - within minutes/hours after publishing...

I know its a bit much but can you make a version for Vox Populi players since imo I think that most of the remaining players that havent move to civ 6 plays civ 5 for vox populi. I have to admit I like your mod, but I cant play civ games without VP anymore, thats why I havent play civ 6

Here is the file, industrial era start, played about 100 turns on quick speed, and with no other mods running. A few of the AIs did change their government but I never saw the ones who did change their government do so again, after that. Let me know if you need more files.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    36 bytes · Views: 89
So, again I saw a few AI change their government but only once! I can at least say they were mostly picking different ones and I had it set so governments could be changed every 5 turns, plus the two changes you told me to make to your mod.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    552.6 KB · Views: 124
Well, dang... Looks like I was getting too creative with the code. There are two basic problems to work through. The first is the solution I gave you earlier actually exacerbated the problem. The line that looked like this:
Code:
local iChangePressure = CalculateAIGovernmentChangePressure(pPlayer) * 2

Should have looked like this:
Code:
local iChangePressure = CalculateAIGovernmentChangePressure(pPlayer) / 2

But this still won't completely address your original question about forcing AI governments to change more often. The code is missing a "minimum chance" for changing governments. This could be a problem as the game progresses and the AI gets better at managing the things that contribute to the pressure to change governments (e.g. happiness, gold income, demographic competitiveness, etc.). Simply put, once the AI Civ gets its act together, there is almost no chance they'll ever change governments. That was definitely NOT my intention in the mod. I'll add this to the list of things to fix in the next version.

In the interim, however, you could address this by adding a single line. In the "GovernmentOverviewAIFunctions.lua" file, almost at the bottom, you're looking for this line:
Code:
if iGovChangeChance > 33 then iGovChangeChance = 33 end

You need to add this line directly after the line above:
Code:
if iGovChangeChance < 10 then iGovChangeChance = 10 end

You can change "10" to any number you like. It is the "minimum chance" each turn that the AI will change governments, regardless of any other pressures the AI might be feeling. Getting this number right is a bit tricky. You really don't want AI changing governments every 5 turns, as it will take them that long to work through all the change government overhead.

In a game of 300 turns, the number 10 above might lead to 15-45 changes total, which seems quite excessive. If it were me, I'd probably go with 3 or even 2.

If you try it, I'd appreciate it if you can let me know what number you selected and about how often AI Civs changed government with that choice.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks! It seems to be working so far and I am trying out a few numbers but I have not had time yet to really play out a game yet. So, I will update later.

sir is it compatible with VP? coz I found a glitch on merchant republic gov, there is no icon in it, and also, curia Julia has to social policy that has changed with VP such aristocrat social policy, thanks...

@Tertamvan97 - sorry, but I don't think this mod works too well with VP. I stopped working on VP compatibility upgrades a few months ago. The mod is fairly "self-contained" in that it works within itself, not requiring much data from the game's databases. But the design does have some broad assumptions as to the state of those tables, when it builds its own internal framework.

Mods, such as VP, heavily change most of the game's databases, which will render those assumptions as invalid. There's not much that can be done about that, unfortunately.

owh, sad for me, I love ur work, but also love VP....., thanks for reply.
#happyonemoreturn

Interesting mod. However I think there should be also drawbacks for each type of the government.
For example, Despotism should have a negative production in non-capital cities, as well Oligarchy the same for gold - they draw the resources from the masses to feed the few, thus this makes the former unhappy, so maybe also a respective happiness bonus and penalty. So, for every gold/production bonus in capital there is a penalty in other cities, as well as happiness, but on a scale 1:2 - this way you can't grow infinitely with such governments without getting problems.
Theocracy should get a science penalty in later eras.
Communism should focus on science instead of military. Plus diplomatic penalties with every exploitation-based economy, like... well, all of them, especially Fascism, because of the fundamental ideological differences.
Fascism the same as Despotism and Oligarchy, but on a bigger scale and some penalties in diplomacy with liberal and communist governments.
IMHO, every decision should weigh out the pros and contras, so you have to consider what you want and what you are willing to sacrifice for it. You want more gold and are willing to sacrifice happiness - choose oligarchy or corporations. You want to go to war - choose despotism or fascism. Want to be a peaceful sucker in your comfy edge of the world - choose democracy, communism or technocracy. But, on the other hand, most of them are just variations for only two forms of socioeconomic formations and unfortunately the game doesn't have the mechanics to implement them proper without fundamentally rewriting it. For example boosting happiness with gold, like in Civ2/3 - would be THE solution for D, O and F - raid your neighbors and be happy, like it was/is IRL. And so on.

Was wondering if you still check this forum S-Man. If so, just wanted to know how this mod was supposed to work on multiplayer, as when I tried it with a friend hosting I could only see his government and couldn’t see or change my own through the World Governments screen.

I do not believe this mod was created with multiplayer in mind. So it would not surprise me if it did not work as intended there.

Top Bottom