Thanks, @YINGCHENG , for that excellent test report. You could do this for a living! :clap:

I'm updating my "Master TODO (to-do)" list, which is a huge MS Word document that I use to keep track of all my mods (I pronounce it like Toto, the dog in the "Wizard of Oz"). It contains lists of known errors, suspected errors to research, suggestions, good ideas, and previously attempted/now abandoned efforts - for every mod in my Workshop, even the mods not on Steam, but only on Civfanatics. When there are critical errors, or enough non-critical errors and I have enough time, that's when I decided to work on fixing a specific mod. Not much of a system, but it's OK for me.

So, when you report a problem with a non-AWAW mod, it's still important to me, so that I can upgrade the TODO list. I have no idea what MTI would impact the tech tree, but this is one of the most frustrating things about Civ5 modding: very, very often, when you see an error, you go to that part of the code, thoroughly examine it, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the code - I call them "impossible errors." You have to start looking at other aspects of the mod, and after hours and hours (sometimes more), you'll see some slightly improperly configured line of code that has absolutely nothing to do with the error. A quick change, and rebuild, then voila! the mod works perfectly... I believe these improperly configured items create some kind of unstable state in the mod environment that manifests itself in the original error. But, since almost everything you do impacts the mod's environment, it's a challenge to see what was the original offending line of code. It's ridiculously frustrating and very, very time-consuming, but I'm usually so f'ing glad to have the fix done and out of my way, that I'm often more happy than mad.

Anyways, I got all the 5 of the "End at ... Era" published yesterday, and am working on the "Soldiers of Fortune" mod now. It's finished except for one of those "impossible errors" that I'm trying to cause the unrelated area of code that causes the error. Spend 3 hours on it so far, without a hint of success. After I finally do publish SoF, the Slavery mod is next. Like SoF, the code was 100% completed/tested/working when it was part of the main AWAW mod. I took these features out, in case players wanted to play a "pristine" version of AWAW (or would be offended by the concept of slavery, which I can definitely understand. I almost didn't include it at all in the main AWAW, but one can't deny it is a relevant aspect of early diplomacy - wars of conquest were often fought to capture booty and slaves. So, I think the concept is problematic, but historically relevant. I put much thought into the Civilopedia entry for Slavery, so players would understand why it's included in the game: fidelity to history, and not celebrating owning another human being.

OK, off my soap box....

The third mod on my AWAW TODO is finishing "The Black Swan" companion mod. It adds 30+ "events" that can occur during the AWAW time-frame. The mod was also part of the main AWAW before the great divestiture that stripped out SoF, Slavery, and BS as well. It was "unit tested" - meaning every single event was thoroughly tested and perform acceptable in all test cases (every possible outcome in the code logic). I even started gathering data on the higher order of test requirements - how all the different events impact the game, trying to determine does the mod impact too much or too little, and are the events "balanced" in the overall game design. I believe I was about 25% completed with that when I pulled the BS out of AWAW. So, it will take a day or so to complete the code, but another half day or so to complete testing.

All of this is provided to let you know, in about 2-3 days, I'm hoping to go back to TODO, and look at both the WAW-MTI and WAW-Irregular Units, and update those to make sure they don't break the appearance of the tech tree. Hopefully by the end of the week.

But, when a huge mod like AWAW is published, I try not to change too many legacy mods that have problems like these. I usually try to wait a couple of weeks or more, in case we find more problems with those mods that need changing. I try not to have too many updates to mods on the periphery, in case it breaks something for other players who aren't playing AWAW at all.

Sorry for the "book" this morning. I generally don't try to start any modding until I'm on my second cup of coffee. On the first cup, I try to catch up on posting. So, thanks for letting me waste a bit of your time while I catch up on caffeine... :crazyeye:

It is supposed to be my turn to thank you for spending hours and hours of your time to create such a great mod and share this to the community. I mean the mod-packs you created over years has inspired me not only to continue playing this game, but to learn more history and culture of different civilizations. So I am Willing to do more research to enrich the content of the AWAW and any future projects you are interested.

Now I am still gathering general names and will send you the final list no matter if you need it or not. I hope in some ways I can give you a hand. : ) speaking of your working schedule, who am I to judge it? You have done an excellent job in responding me and other fans of this game in a timely manner. Not to mention that I am grateful for your attitudes and respectful manners. you always like to share your future plan so that we are on the tracks of the project. That’s amazing. Words cannot express my appreciation for those things. Keep up your excellent works!

in the next few days I will provide you more feedbacks as my game has reached the enlightenment era. After I finish up one entire game play, I will send feedbacks altogether in one message on the forum so that it can make you easier to gather them. In the meantime, I will also send the list of generals.
I am just so frustrated of myself that I know basically nothing about modding and coding stuff. But believe or not, I know how difficult for moders like you and others to tackle issues when something like “impossible errors” happens. I bet things could go really bad and would definitely affect ones mood. I know lots of moders have to abandon their projects because they just lost interest of this endless, boring process of bug fixing and got distracted from their life. I do understand that, moders should get credits for what they deserved. So that is why I want to help in someways. To show my appreciation. So if you need someone to do research, count me in, especially if you are interested in something about East Asia. Can’t really go wrong for me to learn more stuff from research.

@YINGCHENG - Thanks. I love the game too, and want to do all I can to keep it going. The "impossible errors" are almost exclusively caused by myself. Some thing I quickly added then moved on, without always checking as closely as I should. It's odd that how by saving a few minutes when building the mod can often cause hours of extra work trying to fix an error caused by trying to save time coding... :lol:

I'll appreciate the names a lot in about a week. That's when I plan on starting work on the "namer" script for AWAW. Am hoping to have the other companion mods done by then. Believe me, the research you're providing is something I really appreciate, as it frees up so much time for me to work on other aspects of the mod. I try to add as much information in my mods as possible, which is why you'll usually see my Civilopedia quite extensively used, where a lot of modders don't even bother. I feel it helps expand the mod, and improves immersion, something I strongly believe helps the overall quality of any mod. Your contribution plays a large part of this immersive quality. I'm not exactly sure how the namer will look, but when I start on it, I'm hoping to continue to get y'all's opinions on it, so it will also contribute to immersion. It's really the only reason to bother with adding a namer script in the first place. Thanks!

Quick question about the tech tree problem. I got a report from a player who uses the French language version. He said that when he switched it to English, the error with Irregular Units stopped. Are you playing in English or another language?

I'm thinking this might be the source of some of these problems. Am trying to find out if he re-enabled Irregular Units after making the language switch. I'm curious, as I saw the same problem with the tech tree, and I play exclusively in English. I've seen some things like this before. I'll need to look at all the text keys I'm adding to the game, but it was my understanding that when a mod uses a text key not available in a different language, it pulls the value from the "localized" version of all the text keys - so that if it's in any language, it will at least pull one value into that version. Long way of saying that if I insert the key in English, and you're playing in French, the new key will still go into the "Localization" version of the database. This means it should be available no matter what the language played is. But, I'll need to do some more research on this.

Just a thought. Thanks.

Since many essential mods of Civ V are created by English-speaking moders, so I play the game exclusively in English as well. Therefore, I really cannot say that switching language to English would become an approach to solve this problem. I know sometimes moders may or may not replicate bugs reported by players, but if you need logs and data files from me, just let me know.

No, all the text changes are made in the Language_en_US, which is used to populate the "Localization" database - which is an assimilation of all the "Language_*" databases. I only mentioned it because I had received a report from a player who said switching from French to English eliminated the tech tree corruption when Irregular Units was enabled. Wasn't sure if that might have caused some of the behavior you'd seen previously.

It was also an odd report, as I definitely was able to cause tech tree corruption when Irregular Units was enabled, and I've never used anything besides the English version either.

Well, at any rate... In the next week or so, I'll test both MTI and Irregular Units with AWAW enabled and get to the bottom of this. I know IU uses the "GetCurrentEra" method to determine what units to spawn, and AWAW adds a new Era that isn't anticipated by IU. I'll need to adjust the code to be flexible enough to accommodate this kind of "change to game assumptions." I honestly thought I had, but will definitely add a test for this.

I don't recall MTI uses Eras, but will review that code and make sure it can account for changes to the game's basic Era setup.

These aren't hard things to do and won't take much time. Just need to get to them. When I do, I'll probably like to take a look at your Database.log file (from a clean start of Civ5) to compare with mine. Appreciate the help!

hi I'm from the work shop

i have a few ideas for the revolution thing

maybe you can have a unrest measurement that is modified depending on the players choices

for example lets say the player is in the industrial era they get a pop up saying the fallowing

(the working class is tried of being misused by the higher men to make them profit while they starve, they have decide to form a union and protest)

then it will give the options

for example

1. open fire on protesters
2. hire a private militia to stand them down
3. peacefully talk them down

lets say the player choses 1

it dose nothing at that moment but a few turns later another pop up comes up say that the lower classmen is possibly plotting against the state then maybe a few terrorist attacks

and after a few more turns civil war or a revolution takes place

civil wars could break your empire (the cities with the most unrest) into a city state control a mass amount of cities or many city states
i chose city states so you can make peace and trade with them and other things (and its good for rp like players)

revolution could be jointed with your after revolution mod

so that a revolution can change your government

this is my first time lobbying something like this so sorry if it seem sloppy

Glad to see this come out! I havent had time to play much recently cause work, but I played two quick games to the medevil era and tried to find anything that wasn't working. In both games I used waw and awaw, along with the unique units mod. Hopefully I will get to play more of it soon and give better feedback, but here are my half-baked, first-impression thoughts and things I noticed:

The only obvious glitched things in gameplay I found were the textures of the square well and latifunda. The square well's texture was fine when it was completed, but while under construction it was brightly coloured; Ive seen this in other mods and assume its some kind of broken or missing texture. Same goes for the Latifuna's, except with these the color glitch stays after construction, which does look quite weird. I did clear the cache and didn't have any other mods installed. I also was on relatively lower graphics settings; though I can't remember at the moment exactly what they were set to, I believe I set everything to low.

Most of the other things I noticed were 'qualitative', opinionated things that should probably be taken with a grain of salt considering I haven't played too much, nor past the medevil era in my games. I found the Keeil switched up a lot of the balance surrounding getting a pantheon; normally there is competition with the AI for who can get the first one, but simply building a Keeil (that gives twice as much as a shrine) immediately and working it will gain you the first pantheon very quick. It appeared that my workers were recommending other improvements first, the Cairn especially. If the AI is not going to build early Keeils, and is unlikely to work them over higher yield tiles, then it seems like gaining such early faith so quickly is a purely human-player advantage. It kind of felt I was cheating the AI considering how straightforward it was. Could Keeils be moved up the tree one or two techs, so that religion is as usual a competition of science choices and production, not a case of out thinking the AI? Of course, this might just have been luck in the games I played, I haven't done enough experimentation to know for sure that the AI doesnt respond to this, I may be wrong.

While on the topic of AI and tile improvements, the AI seemed to be struggling to keep the important things in its terrain improved. This makes sense, considering that there is more to build: as more resources are discovered later than in vanilla, existing tile improvements often need to be replaced (e.g. farm->plantation), and improvements are also upgraded in this mod sometimes (plantation->latifunda). Does the AI take into account its unimproved tiles when deciding to build workers, or is its choice more related to some unrelated flavours that are balanced for vanilla? It may have just been bad luck in my games that gave me this impression, but if the latter is the case it might make sense to give the AI free workers or similar in order to make sure its empire doesnt consist of mostly unimproved tiles.

The Agora seems like an addition I have mixed feelings about, specifically its artist slot. It means that you are generating Artists before you have anywhere to put their great works, and their tile improvement is only build able later on. You can, of course, micromanage the cities to not generate them, or use them for golden ages, but one of these options is tedious and the other one always feels kind of wasteful. Considering they are generated so early, could they be given an earlier use beyond golden ages? Perhaps allowing buildings with great work slots to be available earlier, or allowing their improvement the monolith to be built earlier.

The only other impressions I got is that the map and cities feel very crowded. There is so much choice compared to vanilla that it can feel a bit overwhelming, especially in terms of buildings. In terms of resources, it feels like there are so many of them its hard to keep track of. The way they pop up later on already built improvements when researched meant I overlooked their improvements a few times while directing my workers. On top of that it almost felt like I didnt have that many opportunities to build improvements other than plantations. I had fewer opportunities to build the cool new fishing villages and the towns, because of how much space was occupied by them. Same goes for all the mechanics that only allowed buildings in coastal tiles or gave them a bonus on roads: these areas being filled with resources meant I usually only had one spot I could put some things per city, leaving little choice. I also found it very easy to lose track of what I have and dont have with all the variety, though maybe this is easier on slower paced settings when a person has longer to consider everything. On the other hand, I do like having more strategic and luxury things to think about; trading is made especially cool.

I dont really have any idea how to change this, except maybe to suggest that resources be made 'clumpier', as in appearing in larger quantities but less occasionally. I dont know whether a different algorithm to the vanilla one places all these resources, but it feels a lot more random. Or perhaps concentrating them in single tiles like strategic resources, where one tile gives multiple resources, though Im not sure if thats possible. Having a city that has 3 lavendar or 3 diamond tiles in it seems more interesting and manageable than having 3 of such tiles spread throughout 3 different cities. Building sculptors or kheddas, for instance, felt a lot more special than building herbalists simply because they were limited to a few cities, and were much more scarce and impactful. Plus in an RP sense just having one region specialize in certain products feels neat. The overwhelming amount of buildings seemed very much related to the resource distribution to me. If cities were more specialized, I wouldn't be confronted with as confusingly large a selection of buildings to produce later in the game, because of how these have prerequisite resources. Perhaps this is just something that I need to get used to though, adding more is the point of the mod to an extent. I also think this might feel a lot different if I played on standard instead of slow, where I have time to think about every building more.

I did also get the tech tree glitch when I first started it up. I was using US language, so I am not sure if it was related to that. I narrowed down the error to only appearing with th Irregular Units mod; I didnt try out using the modern terrain improvements. I dont know if its relevant, but when I entered the game through the tech tree was blank, the tech selection screen on the side of the screen was present; I was able to select the starting 4 techs and the futuristic techs at the end of the tree.

Relating to Last Rebel's Ideas, I do like the idea of more events relating to post-industrial revolution society, I'm sure the events mod would benefit from something like that! :)

So far I have been enjoying myself and having lots of fun with the mod though :) Hopefully once I play more I will have some less confusing-ranty feedback and something more useful to add. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

@last rebel - what you're describing sounds a lot like Sukritact's "Events and Decisions (E&D)." Here are a couple of links:

https://civilization-v-customisatio...s and Decisions is a,as well as each Religion.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/sukritacts-events-and-decisions.528549/

I find it funny that a few weeks ago, I developed an "events" system that included many of E&D's events, without knowing the details of Sukritact's mod. Great minds work alike.... :lol:

My system is a much simpler version, described in Post #9 of this forum. It targets all civs equally, but AI gets a small break, especially if the civ is in the bottom half of the score table. Sukritact's version allows you to select various approaches to deal with events, with differing outcomes. My version doesn't do this. It simply creates the event, determines mitigations, and then applies impacts. Mitigations are based on the impacted city having certain buildings that lower the harm of the event (e.g. having Warehouses lowers the impact of Drought, etc.). If the event impacted more than one city (or is empire-wide), then the mitigations are based on the "average" number of these buildings in all cities.

So, what you're looking for is someone who understands Sukritact's system, and can develop a mod to implement the various responses selected by the civ. I'm afraid I couldn't look at anything like this for months. It's also too involved for my events system, and I won't have any free time for the foreseeable future. Perhaps you can find someone who understands E&D enough to write up what you're describing on the "Requested Mods" forum:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/requested-mods.381965/

If not, then for the event to become part of AWAW's events system, it needs to be restructured into one or more events designed around that 3 step definition described earlier (event > mitigations > impacts). I really don't mind adding more events, to make the companion mod more impactful, but I'm looking for things that 1: can be mitigated, and 2: aren't game-breaking.

Welcome back, @DauntlessGuy! You're just in time to help us find all the thing I missed when making the mod! :crazyeye:

Seriously, the mod adds sooooooo much content, there are bound to be many things that need fixing, ranging from simply typos to incorrect Help/Civilopedia entries, to game-breaking unit/resource/improvement models, and so on. Having attentive players like yourself, testing a wide-combination of mods enabled, will be most helpful in finding these problems and getting them removed. I'm adding much of your findings to my "Bug List" of things to fix before the next version is published.

1. I'll look at the Square Well/Latifunda models. In most cases, while Improvements are "under construction", it uses a separate model texture to show a half-built improvement on the map. I can probably recolor that texture and make it not so brightly colored. I'll have to look more closely at the Latifunda model, as I don't remember seeing any problems with it in test games. On a side note: I use a 3 monitor setup, with Civ5 on the middle monitor (the largest one, so I can see things in testing I might otherwise miss). Unfortunately for my old eyes, having 3 monitors blast a lot of light at you gets fatiguing quickly, so I generally lower the brightness of all the monitors. This sometimes means I might easily miss the off-color of models that you're describing!

2. Absolute great catch on the Keeils! I noticed that things were happining more quickly than before, and I suppose it's entirely the Keeils fault. I think moving it to Calendar would help fix this problem, except perhaps for Quick games. It's also possible to raise the price of the first Pantheon belief (from 10 to something higher), and also to change the amount of faith needed for the next Pantheon (and the next, and next, and so on) from 5 to something higher as well. So, there are a couple of ways to fix this, and I don't want the Keeils to show up too late, as they're intended to be mankind's introduction to something beyond grass huts. Putting them after Urbanization feels a bit wrong, somehow.

The AI decides what improvements to build solely on what their Yields are. Perhaps lowering the Faith yield to 1 (vice 2), and raising the price for first Pantheon to 15, with a recurring cost escalation of 8 might be the best approach?

I was also thinking about a function that would in late game occasionally look at plots surrounding AI civ cities, and perhaps remove obsolete improvements like the Keeil (e.g. Industrial: Cairn, Stockade. Modern: Latifundium, Castrum, Motte-and-Bailey. Atomic: Chantry, Abbey; etc.). Perhaps replace them with an Archaeological site? At least then, AI civ workers could then put a more modern improvement on the tile, based on what the civ's current requirements are.

Free AI workers isn't a problem, but I'd like to make sure they're not just spawned and then do nothing. Automatically "upgrading" improvements also isn't hard, but the game does have logic to already do this. If it's not working, I can make some adjustments, but I'd like to make sure it's really not working.

3. The Agora has a slot for an Artist Specialist, not a Great Work of Art. The Artist adds +3 Culture and 3 Great Artist points. I originally thought about putting a GWA slot in one or more of the Ancient Era buildings of Musaeum, Pergamene School, and/or Sicyonic School. Didn't get around to it, to test to see if it really throws things off. All of the buildings have limiting factors (1: requires Statues resource, 2: requires marble/stone nearby, and 3: limit 4 and requires clay, dyes, pomegranate or red berries nearby), so they shouldn't spam too many slots, but again I never tested it far enough to add in just how many.

4. I was worried about the number of buildings overwhelming players, which is why I put a lot of time into documenting them, here, on Steam, and within the game itself. I think you'll also notice that so many of the buildings have some kind of prerequisite that often you'll see a large list of buildings in the City View UI, but are unable to build any of them. I noticed this in testing, which is why I added the "Growth" process, available at Agriculture, so at least you could build something useful in the early game. To me, this was a feature, not a bug. The normal BNW design seems "undercooked" to me - that you can build almost everything in every city. Historically speaking, until the advent of advanced transportation networks, cities were quite limited to what they could do, depending on the resources in their immediate vicinity. I think AWAW provides this, although players may have to adjust to not being able to create cities that are a clone of the capital all across their empire, even on different continents.

The improvements are structured in a similar limited fashion. I was really trying to make sure cities weren't carbon copies (man, am I old or what!?!?) of each other. In almost all of my test games, I saw that almost none of the cities looked like any other. I saw this as a success of the design, actually. But, I'll also admit, it takes some getting used to.

I'll also admit, the mod is really scoped for Epic game speed. A bit less for Marathon. On standard, it's hard to suss out all of these complex relationships and competing interests, and on Quick it's impossible. You just can't add almost as much content as the original game, and expect to enjoy the experience fully when it flies by at light speed.

5. Resource placement is almost completely randomized, based on a substantially modified version of Deep Blue's Resource Generator (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/resource-generator-lua-component.401894/). I was able to figure out how to differentiate between specific resources, to make some appear more often than others. There is a odd problem with placement of Strategic Resources - any time this script tries to add 3 of a given resource to a tile, the resource is "there" but does not appear on the map (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-resource-model-inconsistent-behavior.665259/). So, I'm limited on the new Stra Resources being a number from 1 to 3. Luxury/bonus resources, by their nature, only appear in quantities of 1. It's definitely NOT possible to put different resources in to the same tile. When you add a new resource, the game core will simply overwrite the previous one, so you're left with the last one added.

OTOH, I have seen some posts in the past that discuss placing more than 1 luxury in a tile. IIRC, it's possible to do this, with just a bit of work required to make it safe. The problem I'd have with this is the same basic problem with the entire AWAW mod: I'm not sure how this impacts "balance" in the mod. I was hoping feedback from players would let me know if we had enough or too many resources on the map/available through buildings. Adding multiple copies of a luxury would add to this problem, but I'm open to adding the feature if we can come up with good rules governing the decision when multiple copies are placed and how many. Requires a bit of planning.

6. In a few weeks, I'll get to both WAW-IR and WAW-MTI to update them to accommodate the new AWAW+WAW tech tree/Era structure. Probably only a line or two of code that needs changing. It's just the finding of those few lines that takes a bit of time. You're description of the early tech tree was quite interesting. I'll experiment with that and see if I can recreate it. It sounds like it might be a hard-coded value in main WAW that causes this particular problem, as all of the "new end game" comes from main WAW.

7. Post-industrial anything is really beyond the scope of AWAW. The events system I'm currently planning for AWAW is heavily focused on early game events. I'd imagine a similar system for the latter half of the game (e.g. for WAW) would look quite differently. It's definitely possible to develop an entire game version, perhaps even preferable, but I've stopped work on the mod until I get the Mercs and Slave units mods published. Perhaps in a few days, we can start discussing events in detail, and decide if there should be 2 versions or 1 large version.

8. With all the new content, it will definitely take some time to get comfortable with all of it. It does change the "look/feel/approach" of BNW, but again, this is by design. But, if anything is broken and doesn't add more than it takes away, we can definitely look at making changes. AWAW isn't perfect. Far from it. But, hopefully it's currently in a good starting place to get it to a better place.

Thanks!

If you want to track what errors have been fixed/plan to be fixed, you can get this information in Post #1 of the "Bug Reports" forum on Steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/2422701461/4164113537233770959/

I'll try to keep this updated, especially early on, as I expect there will be a host of fixed required, some simple, some not so much.

I'm expecting to release a Hotfix in the next couple of days, with all of the easy fixes included.

It's a bit older, and more than a bit buggy from all the feedback I read through yesterday (60 some odd pages), but perhaps it has the kind of responses you'd like.

My version will be quite slimmed down version - many of the event instigators will be similar, but how the mod manages them is simpler. I'm not trying to fundamentally change a civ's stance before or after the event, and definitely not try to break the game, but to provide the potential for plan-changing events that could happen at any time.

So, I can always add things, but thought needs to be put into converting the overall event structure from "Event -> Offer X choices -> Process Choice -> Implement Results -> Report Results" into one of "Event -> Process Choice -> Implement Mitigations -> Implement Results -> Report Results" model.

Good luck!

Quick update: I've completed the "Soldiers of Fortune" companion mod (Mercenaries), but Steam won't let me upload it for some reason. I've reported this in the general forum to see if anyone's seen this before and/or has a suggestion:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/steam-error-fails-to-publish-mod.668475/

Never seen this before it, so I'm not sure when the mod will actually be uploaded. I'm also a little worried about posting updates to AWAW... :undecide:

OK, @YINGCHENG - I updated Post #1 in this forum. It has the links to all the "published" mods. I'll update that post every time I publish a new one.

The Mercenary companion mod is finished, but I've still not been able to publish on Steam, due to some weird timeout error, The Slavery mod is also done (except for the Steam Packet), and the Events mod is about 3/4 done. So, there will be a few more companion mods out soon, if I can beat Steam into submission... :wallbash:

And after those are up? The SCENARIOS... :dance:

Limited progress with Steam customer service, but they did finally tell me that my workshop was no where near the size limit, which I appreciated. Now they just need to find out why it no longer lets me upload mods or updates.

I did finish the Resource Summary UI. This was necessitated, as the Economic Overview (EO) doesn't really show your on-hand, available quantities that well. The new popup should make it much easier to keep track of resources.

Additionally, it will let me move some of the previous Bonus resources back to Bonus. I converted all of them to Luxury types, because the EO only showed Strategic of Luxury resources. There was no way of knowing how much Rice, Barely, etc. you had. Now I can move those staples that really aren't luxuries back to bonus status and clean up the design a bit.

Here are some screen grabs:

upload_2021-3-22_16-42-17.jpeg upload_2021-3-22_16-42-30.jpeg upload_2021-3-22_16-42-46.jpeg upload_2021-3-22_16-43-0.jpeg upload_2021-3-22_16-43-13.jpeg

It's mostly finished, but if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

The first, rather large Hotfix is just about finished. Hopefully, Steam fixes my account soon so I can publish it. The summary of changes is shown in the "Bug Reports" forum in the Discussions tab of the mod on Steam. If you want to know what was fixed/changed, that's a good place to look.

Thanks!

Quick update: I'm done with the updates for Hotfix #1. Am running one last "autopilot" test game to make sure nothing looks incorrect. I'm expecting to publish it in a couple of hours.

The only problem is (other than a minor prodromal migraine issue) is the hotfix makes quite a lot of changes. Many/most of the slides in the Description slide show need updating. This will take a few hours. But, I don't want to hold up on the hotfix while I putz around with the artwork.

So, for at least a little while, there will be a disconnect between how the game plays and how the documentation describes it.

Thanks for your patience!

Hotfix 1 published. Thanks for the all help fixing problems and making suggestions.

I truly believe this version is significantly better then the original version, and hopefully be more fun to play.

Change Notes: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/2422701461

Enjoy!

P.s. It will take some time to get all the slides updated, both on Steam and on the Collaboration Site. Hope to have those data up to date in the next day or so.

Last edited:
Hi S-Man,

I've been talking with you on Steam's discussion page for "SMAN's The Ancient World at War" to try and resolve some issues I've been having with the mod crashing at a particular stage and you've suggested it might be time to post the log files. Apologies for the long post, but I'll try to give you as much information as I can.

Mods I'm running are 'SMAN's The Ancient World at War (v 1)', and 'SMAN's The Ancient World at War - End in the Classical Era (v 1)'. I've also got the following DLC packs installed
- Gods & Kings Expansion Pack
- Explores Map Pack
- Genghis Khan's Mongolia
- Harald Bluetooth's Denmark
- Isaballa's Spain and Pachacuti's Incan Empire
- Kamhehameha's Polynesian Empire
- Nebuchadnezzar's Bablyon
- Sejon The Great's Korea
- Wonders of the Ancient World

I've cleared my cache and reinstalled the mods and the game, but the same issue keeps coming up. I've also tried a new game as to not reuse the same save file with no luck.

Game crashed on turn 306 on this particular save file (previous games crashed a bit early, around turn 260 from memory)
I'm playing as Rome.
Game appears to crash on Arabia's turn (I'm not sure exactly have Arabia is trying to do)

I've added the log files, as discussed on steam there are two errors that appear a zillion times (IsTrade returning nil and GetNumLayerUnits returning nil), but these are probably a symptom of an error occurring elsewhere. It seems like my game environment just isn't loading up correctly, causing some resources to not be loaded.

P.S. there may be some of my own print statements in the Lua log

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    411.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Database.txt
    37.5 KB · Views: 40
  • xml.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Top Bottom