SMAN's The Lord Mayors: Customized, Automated City Management

sman1975

Emperor
SMAN's The Lord Mayors is a customizable, automated city management utility. It seeks to save you time as you build your Empire, determining what Cities will build - based on your guidance. Hopefully, this will provide you with more time to focus on what's really important: taking over the world!

Directives:

You command the Lord Mayors through the use of Directives, which are activated by pressing on their buttons on the right side of the main window. Each Directive allows you to use differing mechanisms to translate your intentions into specific 'build' orders in each of your Cities.

Here is a brief description of what these Directives accomplish:
  • Guilds have the highest priority in deciding what to build. They specialize in a specific type of Buildings. Assigning a City to Guild management will mean this City will first try to produce items related to the managing Guild's domain.
  • Manage by Eras comes next in seniority, and allows you to provide evolving guidance to your Lord Mayors that changes as you move through the Eras of the Tech Tree. This guidance is adjusted, based on how well your Civ is performing against other major Civs.
  • Moirai is a form of destiny, and is the last of the 3 main guidance Directives. It provides a wide-variety of specializations for your Lord Mayors to use, in 'top 3' priority order.
  • Puppet Cities allows you to easily to Annex and Puppet your Cities.
  • Projected Builds will display a model that shows you what your Cities will build next, based on all the guidance from the other Directives. It will also allow you to assign build orders for any City that is not producing anything else.
  • Custom Build List provides a specific sequence of Building construction, and can by adjusted to your own playing style simply be editing a text file in the Mod's folder.
  • Options allows you to further tailor your instructions to the Lord Mayors, to better fit your own playing style.

Guilds:

This Directive allows you to specialize Cities to better support your Empire's goals. Guild assignments override any other Directive or guidance, with the exception of the "May the Lord Mayor in your Capital order anything?" setting in the Options Directive. If that button isn't selected, assigning your Capital to a Guild will still not allow the Lord Mayor to order anything to be built.

Currently, there are nine different Guilds you can hire:
  • Company of St. Luke: This Guild seeks to maximize Culture production in the Cities it manages.
  • Ecclesiastical Diocese: Maximizes Faith
  • Grand Lodge of Freemasons: Maximize the construction of Wonders, as well and their prerequisites
  • Worshipful Company of Alchemists: Maximize Science
  • Worshipful Company of Armourers: Maximize Units and Military Buildings
  • Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths: Maximize Gold
  • Worshipful Company of Grocers: Maximize Food
  • Worshipful Company of Mercers: Maximize Production
  • Slackers Anonymous: Produce nothing… Ever… The main reason to use this Guild is to avoid ordering anything, allowing you to manually control a City

Manage by Era:

This Directive is the best way to adjust your City production, by comparing how well you're doing against other major Civs. To implement this Directive, your Lord Mayors use Endeavors, which represent a wide-variety of goals to improve of your Civilization. As the game progresses, you can adjust your guidance to the Lord Mayors automatically. Much of the Lord Mayors' decision making will be influenced by how you are performing on areas found in the Demographics UI.

Endeavors: There are six different Endeavors to use to manage your Empire:
  • Enlightenment: This Endeavor seeks to expand the wisdom and significance of your Empire. It strikes a balance between Culture and Science
  • Growth: This Endeavor seeks to grow your Empire's population as quickly as possible. It strikes a balance between Food and Happiness
  • Industry: This Endeavor focuses on the tangible: money and industrial power. It strikes a balance between Gold and Production
  • Metaphysics: This Endeavor focuses on the intangible: striking a balance between Faith and Great People spawn
  • War: This Endeavor seeks to prepare your Empire for war.
  • None: This choice removes all Endeavor considerations during the selected Era.

Maximize or minimize your advantages? The Lord Mayors follow game's Demographics data closely. If this button is checked, they will focus on improving in that Demographic area. If the button is not selected, they will instead look at areas that your Civ is doing poorly and attempt to improve in those areas.

Moirai:

Based on your wisdom, you can lead your Civilization along many, diverse paths into the future. Each of these paths will lead to different outcomes, strengths, and benefits. A Moirai represents a specific path, a common destiny of your people. By selecting your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priorities to specific Moirai, it assists the Lord Mayors in deciding what each City will build next, in order to help your Civilization realize your vision.

Currently, there are 19 different Moirai you can use to guide your people (categories):
  • Improving Tangible Yields: Food, Gold, Production, and Science
  • Martial Capabilities: Train Units, build defensive and training Buildings, or balance between them
  • Improving Intangible Yields: Culture, Faith, Happiness, Great People spawn
  • Production Conversions: Convert excess Production to either Gold or Science
  • Advisor Recommendations: Follow the advice from the Economic, Foreign, Military, or Science Advisors
  • Special Circumstances: Construct Wonders prerequisite Buildings, or the next available Building in the player-defined "Customized Build List"

Puppets:

This Directive allows you to easily make Cities a Puppet, or to Annex them to a "normal" City. In terms of this Directive, there are two basic types of Cities: Commonwealth and Puppet. Commonwealth Cities are under the direct control of the Civ's Leader, and as such, the Lord Mayors may actively manage their production.

Projected Builds:

This Directive produces a list of what your Cities will be building next (for Commonwealth Cities). For Puppet Cities, no projected builds will be displayed.

This model uses data from all of your previous selections to make its decisions on what to build. It provides you an instant overview so that you can make adjustments to ensure Cities will produce what you think is needed.

Custom Build List:

This Directive shows the contents from the 'Customized_Build_List.lua' file. This file can be edited by any player who can manage a text editor, such as Notepad. When the 'Customized List' Moirai is selected as the first priority in the 'Assign Priorities' Directive, the City will always use the 'Customized Build List' to determine what Building to construct next.

Options:

This Directive allows you to further refine your guidance to the Lord Mayors. You can provide instructions that help them make choices more in line with your goals.

Notes: The mod is in rough BETA status. It seems fairly stable, but it needs more testing to make sure all the competing efforts of the Directives don't cause issues.

In the early game, the Lord Mayors often can't find anything that meets your requirements. You can adjust the Moirai settings or simply manage Cities manually for the first few turns.

Direct Download: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/smans-the-lord-mayors.27861/

Steam Download: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1896366231

Acknowledgements: Main thanks goes to the inimitable @whoward69 on Civfanatics, particularly for his UI Tutorials: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/user-interface-components.461552/

Last edited:
upload_2019-10-23_12-34-27.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-34-46.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-34-58.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_14-11-48.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-35-8.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-36-54.jpeg

Last edited:
To decide what to order in a particular City, the Lord Mayor will check to see if the City is a member of one of the nine Guilds. If so, the Guild will decide what to build, based on its specialty:

upload_2019-10-23_14-12-42.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-35-55.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-36-4.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-36-14.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-36-22.jpeg

Last edited:
If the City isn't a Guild member, the mod then checks to see if you've selected an Endeavor for the Era you're currently playing in:

upload_2019-10-23_14-29-38.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_14-31-32.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-38-35.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-38-44.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-38-53.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-39-2.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-39-17.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-39-26.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-39-35.jpeg

Endeavors are broad categories of effort, and the Lord Mayor will make a decision based on how well you're doing in those categories, when compared with other major Civs still in the game.

If the "Exploit Advantages" button is selected, the Lord Mayor will select things that will make you even better in categories that you're already better at than other Civs.

If the button is not selected, the Lord Mayor will select things that you are doing worse at than other Civs.

Last edited:
If the City is not a Guild Member and you have not selected an Endeavor for the current Era, the mod next looks at the "Moirai:"

upload_2019-10-23_14-13-31.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-39-59.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-40-9.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-40-18.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-40-26.jpeg upload_2019-10-23_12-40-35.jpeg

Moirai are "destinies" you select for your people to achieve. There are 19 different ones to choose from.

When using Moirai, the Lord Mayors will try to find something that supports Moirai #1 (the top priority). If the Lord Mayor can't find anything that directly supports that destiny, he then looks at Moirai #2. Then Moirai #3 if the previous Moirai cannot be used.

Last edited:
Man, you're a sea breeze that invigorates the day!

Your mods are amazing and make me want to go back to playing this game after months with nothing new and cool. Thanks!

Can i use this new mod alongside The World at War and After The Revolution?

@JNZS13 - thanks! Glad you're liking the mod. This mod is completely self-contained (as it doesn't need anything from most of the features of the game, after it reads a few tables in the game's database at game start), so it "should" be compatible with most mods.

I wrote it mostly to help me on long test games while testing other mods. I found myself doing a lot of repetitive City View clicking, basically repeating a normal sequence of building orders. But, TBH, I was looking for a mod like this ever since I started playing this game...

I tested this mod with both WAW and AtR and saw no issues - but I didn't do a completely thorough test on that combination. It's something I really need to look at more closely, as I'm already working on the next version of this mod - that adds a "Civ6 Governor" like function, as well as integrating the "Citizen Management" feature from the City View. With those two pieces added, this mod is kind of a perfect bookend for AtR.

One thing to add: the mod is flagged as "rough BETA" as I'm not completely sure how balanced it is. I'd really appreciate any feedback you have on it, as I'm expecting it to change a bit early on. Thanks again!

I'm reposting here because ive seen that the link youve sended (i dunno it you say it like that) on steam is not the good mod xd

Attachments

• 1Database.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 1xml.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 1Lua.txt
    22.2 KB · Views: 51
This is a great idea. Is this mod compatibile with EUI and Vox Populi?

I've done some test at quick speed with Vox Populi and some modmods.

This is what i noticed:
1. It does not build wonders even if the city is the proper Freemason guilds. This is true for capital with the proper global options flagged but also for other cities.
2. I did noticed that there's not too much diversity in building list from cities in different guilds, maybe era options take most of the priorities
3. It did not build settles or workers untile in the moroi i select the "advisors" options.
4. It did not build units, i deflagged the options for not build them in global options but it keep reset it to true.

I really like the idea of this mod but i'm not sure that it's compatible with VP, maybe the list of the units, buildings and wonders from the mod are not taken in considerations?

Last edited:
Top Bottom