Smarter Barbarians so annoying

Raphs_Sai

Chieftain
I guess this is more of a rant. While I like some of the new AI behaviour, I'm finding the smarter barbs just plain annoying. It seems almost useless to stand on Forest/Hill now cuz the barbs will just continuously dance around you without engaging.

And when there is that barb archer roaming around the area you want to settle, you gotta bring 2-3 warriors to take care of him cuz he won't attack you first.

I guess this is more of a rant. While I like some of the new AI behaviour, I'm finding the smarter barbs just plain annoying. It seems almost useless to stand on Forest/Hill now cuz the barbs will just continuously dance around you without engaging.

And when there is that barb archer roaming around the area you want to settle, you gotta bring 2-3 warriors to take care of him cuz he won't attack you first.

I discovered this problem myself with raging barbs, where both me and the AI's couldn't attack stacks of 5-10 barbs, with the stacks eventually growing to 40+ and one shotting every city, causing half the civs to die before 2000 BC.

The solution is to find the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos in (MOD NAME FOLDERS)-Assets-xml-civilizations and change the following values:

<Type>LEADER_BARBARIAN</Type>----------

<iBaseAttackOddsChange>50</iBaseAttackOddsChange> This gives the barbs a 50% chance of attacking, regardless of victory chances
<iAttackOddsChangeRand>25</iAttackOddsChangeRand> This gives its some randomness, so each individual barb has a 25% to 75% chance to attack on each turn, regardless of victory chances.

Top Bottom