1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking weed can make you kill Jews, it turns out.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mouthwash, Dec 4, 2019 at 11:26 AM.

1. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/french-prosecutors-drop-murder-charges-jewish-kindergarten-teacher-sarah-halimi-killer-kobili-traoré-1.493649
    Basically, this guy smoked a joint, then broke into a Jewish teacher's home, beat her, and threw her off the balcony while shouting "I killed the Shaitan". French authorities did not recognize it as an antisemitic crime. Could've happened to anyone, I guess!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 11:53 AM
  2. Narz

Narz keeping it real

Yeah this is a man bites dog story. How many mofos flip out and commit murder while drunk?

3. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The trees are actually quite lovely.

Something like half of US murders. It doesn't seem to be particularly effective defense tho.

4. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

Correlation isn't causation right? That psychedelic episode from smoking cannabis line cracks me up.

5. Mouthwash

I guess Philando Castile's death was also a man bites dog story, and not worth discussing.

It's more noteworthy because he's being let off for it, in case you didn't get that part.

6. rah

rah Deity Supporter

It is France. This would never happen in the US, unless it was a black Jew of course.

7. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

A drug dealer and addict says pot made him murder someone?

Sounds like he had a religiously induced psychotic episode, not sure anti-semitism had anything to do with it.

8. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Seems ridiculous to drop the murder charge in this case. But I don't see how he is being "let off for it," presumably if it was determined to be psychosis or whatever, he will be involuntarily committed to an institution for a lengthy period of time.

9. Mouthwash

Hitler tripped and fell on his head, oh looks like justice was done.

“I felt persecuted. When I saw the Torah and a chandelier in her home I felt oppressed. I saw her face transforming.”

10. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

oops, I read that and suffered a pot induced momentary lapse of reason and forgot

Otoh he was already freaking out before entering her apartment, even scared a family into locking themselves in a bathroom. Course that doesn't mean anti-semitism wasn't a trigger for how he behaved in her apartment.

11. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

wat m8

Gorbles likes this.
  12. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Is he?
    The article says charges are being dropped but also says it will be decided if he goes on trial on 19/12.
    Also being committed to a psychiatric institution means indefinite confinement, not the same as walking free.

13. Narz

Narz keeping it real

What's the connection? I dont follow

People escape jail due to reasons of insanity all the time (and often part of the defense is that they are on too much/too little/the wrong drugs).

What exactly is your point?

14. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Yeah, I'm saving up my but I was on too much metformin defense.

15. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Blackpilled Idealist

Yeah, there's no way this guy won't be locked away for a long time. It's just a mental institution instead of a prison.

Also, Hitler didn't smoke weed. He was a meth guy.

caketastydelish and bernie14 like this.
  16. Mouthwash

Justice means being held to account for his actual crime. Even if he gets a different sentence or ends up in an institution, that's not true justice.

Also, there seems to be a desire to not make an issue out of antisemitic violence, much like police shootings in the United States can't involve racial animus. The perpetrator is always given the benefit of the doubt. So it's a giant middle finger to French Jews as a whole.

It is generally considered wrong to end someone's life for no good reason. Even worse if your reason was that they belonged to a certain ethnic group.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 3:10 PM
  17. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

I think it's interesting that you believe you are better-positioned to determine this than the French judicial system...

18. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Not by the French courts. They classified it as an anti-Semitic attack according to the Wikipedia article you link to.

19. Mouthwash

What could have produced this sudden respect for the system? Surely you oppose antisemitismandallotherformsofracism.

By the police and politicians, yes.

EDIT: Here's a Tabletmag article with details I missed. It's even worse than I thought.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 4:19 PM
  20. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Psychosis can send you many places, including into the paranoia of others that prior to the episode you didn’t have. In this guys case, it was to something very anti Semitic. He’s a murderer and who cares if it was weed or not, can’t let weed be a defense like that. Maybe a mitigating something with the right examination. But murderers must be addressed.