[GS] Sneak Peak 11/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the tower quite matches any of the pictures I have seen of Tre Kronor, but you never know. It might not be a castle at all though, they are not the only buildings with towers. It might be a church, for example. The part of the picture we are seeing might not be a central part or feature of the full picture either.

Well, if it's copper then it should be somewhat reddish. Over time, the copper oxidases and gains that greenish tint.
The castle was around 400 years old in the mid 1600s, more than enough time for the copper to oxidize.

I hope we get something more than the Nobel price mechanics of Civ V. The Nobel price is a nice thing, but its in the very recent history and Sweden as a nation have a more than a thousand years of history. It has also been a great power of Europe, so focusing on the nobel price twice in a row feels kinda meh.

I don't think the tower quite matches any of the pictures I have seen of Tre Kronor, but you never know. It might not be a castle at all though, they are not the only buildings with towers. It might be a church, for example. The part of the picture we are seeing might not be a central part or feature of the full picture either.
A church wouldn't make much sense since Sweden was protestant and Kristina is famous for her conversion to catholicism.

If it turns out to be Sweden, I'm going to be a little disappointed because in my head, Kristina was standing in a library.
Tre Kronor housed the National Library and the Royal Archive of Sweden. Most of it was lost during the fire in 1697.

The majority of Reddit have no idea what they are talking about.
In defense of Reddit, they seemed settled on Maori while it seemed that more people here thought Inca.

You guys are not seeing the obvious.

I thought they would do Ottomans now as a heavy hitter to really hype up fans, and was hoping they would announce Sweden next week.

Also, could it be that the dark in the foreground is just the weird shadowing all of the backgrounds have on the edges? Nope, I forgot the parts in front of the dark. Hmm.

Last edited:
I thought they would do Ottomans now as a heavy hitter to really hype up fans, and was hoping they would announce Sweden next week.

Also, could it be that the dark in the foreground is just the weird shadowing all of the backgrounds have on the edges?

I am a big fan of Civ V Sweden, so I am hyped for this reveal.

Examine the side towers for Canada's parliament building.

I was thinking about these as well, and it made me remember one thing. The first Parliament building of Ottawa almost completely burnt down in 1916. This means that, while Laurier was Prime Minister, the old building was still standing. Both building are definitely similar, but Firaxis might have reinterpreted it slightly differently.

In any case, if it's Canada, then this background is from Ottawa, not Quebec City.

None of the castles that played a role in Kristinas life have towers that look like that. Chateau Frontenac and Parliament Hill don't match either. So either we are completely wrong with every guess or they have taken some artistic license with the background.

I was thinking about these as well, and it made me remember one thing. The first Parliament building of Ottawa almost completely burnt down in 1916. This means that, while Laurier was Prime Minister, the old building was still standing. Both building are definitely similar, but Firaxis might have reinterpreted it slightly differently.

In any case, if it's Canada, then this background is from Ottawa, not Quebec City.

This picture is from before the fire. Doesn't match either.

I am a big fan of Civ V Sweden, so I am hyped for this reveal.
I'm hyped a lot as well, don't get me wrong. Sweden is cool, and Kristina is possibly the most interesting leader of the expansion. I just wanted them on my birthday :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom