[GS] Sneak Peak 11/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to play as... the most boring people in the world?

In defense of my Canadian friends, how can funny be boring? Some of my favorite comedians are from Canada. And this may be because Canadian humor is more like American humor, but I'm going to say Canadian humor > English humour. There I said it. :p

In defense of my Canadian friends, how can funny be boring? Some of my favorite comedians are from Canada. And this may be because Canadian humor is more like American humor, but I'm going to say Canadian humor > English humour. There I said it. :p
Yes... but the funny ones are the ones who escaped. :D

Am a Canadian. I think the English have Canada beat when it comes to humor. :mischief:

Though Canada being a boring pick definitely seems a bit overblown around here. I'm sure we'll get something that isn't completely cliche.

And to me, they aren't that boring. I find it interesting how differently things played out over there compared to here. Though some things were similar.

I guess they are seen as boring since they didn't violently conquer a lot of land. While I don't know the details of your dealings with your natives, I'm sure some violence was involved. And there was little reason to be aggressive. They were in a safe location with no threats. Certainly your surrounding environment plays a role to how your nation evolves.

I want to play as... the most boring people in the world?

Depends on their traits. Given the traits of Australia - which basically make them the most warmongering, bloodthirsty civ you could imagine - it could very well be that Canada turns out to be a second Mongolia, bringing death and despair to the world and ruling it with an iron fist :mischief:

And to me, they aren't that boring. I find it interesting how differently things played out over there compared to here. Though some things were similar.

I guess they are seen as boring since they didn't violently conquer a lot of land. While I don't know the details of your dealings with your natives, I'm sure some violence was involved. And there was little reason to be aggressive. They were in a safe location with no threats. Certainly your surrounding environment plays a role to how your nation evolves.
There wasn't nearly as much violence compared to the United States, but it was there. Natives were made to swear loyalty to the Crown and sign treaties if they wanted to get on the government's good side. Even then, conflicts like the North-West Rebellion arose. Canada also had residential schools, and the effects of these are still seen today.

Canada, Australia or USA... all just former colonies. I don’t see how Canada is any less interesting than the US. I see houses that are older than them all. Of all the added civs this expansion, I prefer Canada.

Canada, Australia or USA... all just former colonies. I don’t see how Canada is any less interesting than the US.
I agree. Cut all three of them. :p

That line of argument is still among the most silly I see here. EVERYTHING is a former colony.
Only if you define "colony" in the loosest, broadest sense possible, and even that's a stretch.

I agree. Cut all three of them. :p
I don't get why countries like Australia, Brazil, Canada, and the US get so much hate. Yes, all their accomplishments happened in the past 200 years. These nations will also outlive every great empire in history. You can say they're the future of human civilization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom