1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Sneak Peak 18-12

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Dec 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The Tambo was my idea for a UI that gets better yields when a governor is in the city. But it was otherwise pretty close to the Mekewap.

bbbt likes this.
  2. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

To be fair they'd probably stink too, considering the good terrace farm spots are also the good campus spots. :D

3. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

I mean I was keen on a tambo as well for a UI until I saw the screenshots and saw both tunnels and ski resorts that seemed to be buildable on mountains. Now I want to see a terrace farm that will be able to be built on an adjacent mountain tile.
    That way it would free up any good district spots, which I also am assuming that mountain tiles may give adjacency bonuses towards theater squares, commercial hubs and industrial zones for them as well.

Zaarin and cvb like this.
  4. Greywulf

Greywulf Chieftain

Looks like Inca to me too.

5. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

Well we know that the Terrace Farm was the first prototype for the current district/wonder system, so I would not be surprised to see them back now we know things can be built on mountains (tunnels/Ski Resorts)

6. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

We do need Babylon back.

My go-to's were Spain and England. Spain for Natural Wonder Roulette, and England for Longbowmen, Ships of the Line (with all the right wonders so they started with All The Promotions) and the music. I mean Scarborough Fair is nice enough... but that war theme though.

Kimiimaro and Zaarin like this.
  7. Josephias

Josephias Chieftain

Mixing and matching some ideas in this topics. ¿Tambos could be available early and built in mountains to work as tunnels maybe?. This would allow the Inca player to use mountain range highways much earlier tan any other.

Terrace farms could be likely part of the CUA, starting wiht the ability to farm hills, not needing to wait civil engineering.

8. Redkoolaid83

Redkoolaid83 Chieftain

I would be fine if mountains in inca territory provided yields and are workable. This might add the funny situation of making volcano tiles themselves workable since they are a feature on a mountain.

I'll manage if terrace farms are on hills as long as they can provide prod. as well. Do i want to give up an early mine tile? Might be cool if they at least can give yields to adjacent mountains. Could add an interesting decision on whether to build a terrace farm to boost food and prod. on mountains or build the 4-5 adjacency district.

9. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

The dev team hinted at more civs with unusual mechanics. Wonder if they'd give the Inca more productive farms that can only be built on hills, not on flat land?

Or building on the sea route / railroad trade bonus, allow the Inca to treat all Mountains as if they were railroads for trade route purposes?

Or more radically, make the Inca the "mountain civ" that gets a grab bag of bonuses for working tiles adjacent to mountains but can't settle cities more than X tiles away from the nearest mountain?

Cooleatack likes this.
  10. Equilin

Equilin Chieftain

Mountains aren't that common so i doubt it.
    I do think they will get bonuses to mountains (e.g. passable, yields) or even be able to place districts/cities on mountains!

11. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

Unique Terrace Farm district replacing the aqueduct.

Edit - For Babylon, I mean.

DWilson likes this.
  12. Deutsch

Deutsch Chieftain

I'm in complete denial so I still say it's gonna be Sweden. :mischief:

13. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

Why not the Spaceport or Aerodrome which have no unique replacements already while we are at it? :p

14. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Chieftain

While the sneak peak could definitely be pointing to Inca, I'll keep guessing and hoping for Sweden at the very least for that birthday cake and no sad birthday girls.

15. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

That would be out of character for Babylon. Would fit more Maya, or maybe Portugal.

16. gozpel

gozpel Couch-potato (fortified)

It's most likely Inca, and they will win the game when they researched The Wheel....

Still, I wish it was Sweden, that green/black in the picture could be depicted as a stylized shirt of mackerel skin and the City of Gothenburg have a soccer team called GAIS, nicknamed the "Mackerels"! Their jerseys are in green and black.

But I think I went too far out that limb...:)

17. pegasoingemini

pegasoingemini Chieftain

Brian Boru Ireland

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  18. cosmicmangobear

cosmicmangobear Chieftain

That’s it. That’s all I want for Christmas.

Er, um, Yule.

19. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

That green stuff in the lower left corner looks like a tartan to me. Celts? Ireland?
    Alternate leader for Scotland?

20. local_hero

local_hero Chieftain

Who would have thought that my team - which is currently sitting firmly in the second division without much hope - would get international "recognition" in a thread about Civ VI. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.