[R&F] Sneak Peak 24/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too me that Tree makes me think of Scotland and that Sea monster maybe Scotland related so I'm going to say it's that Robert the Bruce or otherwise due to the blurry leak Robert the Blurry.

I think they could go three ways with the UU:

• A "Pictish Warrior" as in Civ V (unlikely)
  • A medieval claymore-wielding Highlander to fit the leader (most likely, but please don't let it be another Military Tradition dead-end UU :p)
  • A kilt-wearing musket-wielding Highland Regiment (very unlikely since we have England and their Redcoats in the game).

In any case they need a more creative ability than a Bonus in Hills, since the Khevsur has that already.

Pikeman UU would make sense for scotland and Robert no? Don't think we have any of those.

Schiltron (replaces Pikeman): Has the same bonuses as melee units (warrior/swords/musket/ect...), in addition to the standard anti-cavalry bonus.

Essentially, a pikeman and swordsman rolled into one. Not spectacular, but means you have a unit with no clear weakness.

Something I wonder is what language ol' Robbie will speak: Scottish Gaelic or Scots?

Pikeman UU would make sense for scotland and Robert no? Don't think we have any of those.

Schiltron (replaces Pikeman): Has the same bonuses as melee units (warrior/swords/musket/ect...), in addition to the standard anti-cavalry bonus.

Essentially, a pikeman and swordsman rolled into one. Not spectacular, but means you have a unit with no clear weakness.

This is a very nice (and for once, reasonably accurate!) way of doing it.

Could there be a unique Scottish knight? (Medieval theme) What about a Spec Ops (Modern)?

What about a schiltron?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schiltron

Could be a pikeman replacement.
Not sure about the unique effect, though? We have combat bonus in hills already (Georgian Khevsur) and Pikemen are strong against cavalry anyway...

Maybe bonus when defending its own territory? But then it would be very similar to French Garde Imperiale.
Garde Imperiale could be changed to a another effect (loyalty-boosting?) though.

Last edited:
Could there be a unique Scottish knight? (Medieval theme) What about a Spec Ops (Modern)?

How would any of those make the slightest sense for scotland? They're not famous for either of those things to my knowledge?

I don't think there's anything hugely unique about Scottish knights in comparison with any others. As for the Spec Ops, that would be the SAS, which is British rather than specifically Scottish.

Bagpiper (Replaces Medic) Heals adjacent units like a normal medic PLUS gives adjacency +10 combat bonus due to enhanced morale.

Also plays bagpipe music any time an adjacent unit attacks or is attacked.

I will exclusively play RtB from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom