[R&F] Sneak Peak 24/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, not all UUs are replacements for existing units. It could be one that slides in between two other units.

I don't think there's anything hugely unique about Scottish knights in comparison with any others. As for the Spec Ops, that would be the SAS, which is British rather than specifically Scottish.
UU: William Wallace (replaces knight) :crazyeye:
Somewhat doable. But really unlikely.

It would be cool if the UU was a Schiltron, they'd have to rename the promotion. It would be replace the Pikeman and do crazy damage to mounted units. It could even prevent them moving when adjacent.

Robert the Bruce is definitely getting some kind of Moderator Action: snip Moderator Action: powerful defensive ability.

The Civ UA will probably be based around the Scottish Enlightenment and will be a GPP mechanic, probably to do with Great Engineers and/or Great Scientists.

Moderator Action: Please watch your language, thanks --Noble Zarkon
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
Pikeman UU would make sense for scotland and Robert no? Don't think we have any of those.

Schiltron (replaces Pikeman): Has the same bonuses as melee units (warrior/swords/musket/ect...), in addition to the standard anti-cavalry bonus.

Essentially, a pikeman and swordsman rolled into one. Not spectacular, but means you have a unit with no clear weakness.

Why the UU must be linked to Robert? UU are linked to the civ, not the leader (Barbarossa never had u-boat). Linking the UU to the leader is a red herring, I think.

I am glad that it is the Scots and not the rehashed "Celts." I was getting nervous after the leak that we would have seen yet another hodge podge of Boudicca reigning from Edinburgh with woad warriors, druids, and bagpipes. :undecide:

Any ideas for unique building/improvement? We are out of potential unique districts, right?
A Broch/Dun seems most likely. A Distillery was also mentioned but I don't find that as appealing.

What are expecting from Scotland in terms of bonuses? I assume they're our cultural civ?

So great people and defense focus? Historically, Scotland has tons of scientific, cultural and tourist influence, so they could basically be anything.

what about +culture and +faith from lake tiles? Concerning all the Lochs in Scottland..

According to the R&F info, we were waiting on one UD (The Ikanda), and was it two UBs or two UIs? What would work for Scotland as far as UBs/UIs go?

I feel like Scotland will include yellow in their color scheme.

Oh I am pretty sure that day will come very soon, when Zulu is revealed ...

Yes, I know it's coming and that will be an appreciated just one minute. Not to keen on the Zulu's, but I might be surprised. However, that only means a more glorious day when the Inca will surely come. I'm looking forward to that minute.

The Ikanda is the last unrevealed district in the game, so Scotland's non-Unit unque is an improvement.

I agree who whoever said they'll get a unique fort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom