[R&F] Sneak Peak 24/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well, as usuall, I'm prepared to give you a message about YouTube comments tomorrow :p

I think they could go three ways with the UU:

• A "Pictish Warrior" as in Civ V (unlikely)
  • A medieval claymore-wielding Highlander to fit the leader (most likely, but please don't let it be another Military Tradition dead-end UU :p)
  • A kilt-wearing musket-wielding Highland Regiment (very unlikely since we have England and their Redcoats in the game).

In any case they need a more creative ability than a Bonus in Hills, since the Khevsur has that already.

My prediction is that the UU will be a Pike & Shot replacement. Scottish armies in the 30 Years War, the Bishops War, the English Civil Wars, etc. were comprised of Pike and Shot. No clue what they'll be called.

My prediction is that the UU will be a Pike & Shot replacement. Scottish armies in the 30 Years War, the Bishops War, the English Civil Wars, etc. were comprised of Pike and Shot. No clue what they'll be called.
They will be Highlanders, of course!

UA - The Old Firm - Entertainment Districts with a stadium in a city with 2 or more religions provide more amenities but reduce loyalty.

Scotland it is! Very cool. I have some Scottish ancestors so I certainly approve.

Robert the Bruce is an excellent choice.

Hope they get some science bonuses. That would be appropriate.

I would be surprised if there are any post-Medieval bonuses. I have a feeling it'll be akin to Norway where the bonuses are essentially medieval in character.

Nice to know it's Robert the Bruce and not William Wallace. I can reconcile myself to his wearing a great kilt as long as he's not painted blue and has a proper beard. :p

Robert the Bruce's trade delegation I bet would include haggis.

After all, all true Scotsmen eat haggis.

I have eaten Haggis and ‘neeps in Edinborough. Can confirm that the Scottish side of me is true. :goodjob:

Nice to know it's Robert the Bruce and not William Wallace. I can reconcile myself to his wearing a great kilt as long as he's not painted blue and has a proper beard. :p

Part of me is looking forward to seeing him speak Gaelic or Middle Scots and part of me is hoping they somehow got Sean Connery to come out of retirement and do the voice work (which he did for a James Bond video game some years ago) despite Sean only doing one accent for everything.

Part of me is looking forward to seeing him speak Gaelic or Middle Scots and part of me is hoping they somehow got Sean Connery to come out of retirement and do the voice work (which he did for a James Bond video game some years ago) despite Sean only doing one accent for everything.
Yeah, even if it's historically unlikely, I can't see them not taking this opportunity to make him speak Gaelic. I won't complain.

So the clues point to Scotland....

The mystery of the headband leader continues....:( maybe he'll be last? If he is Mapuche, I'm guessing Firaxis noticed the backlash towards them appearing instead of the Incas? Or maybe the negotiations in Chile turned sour?

So the clues point to Scotland....

The mystery of the headband leader continues....:( maybe he'll be last? If he is Mapuche, I'm guessing Firaxis noticed the backlash towards them appearing instead of the Incas? Or maybe the negotiations in Chile turned sour?
Or they’re just saving the two most surprise civs for last. One for “AHA, didn’t see them coming!” and one for “Bow before your long awaited warmonger king!”

I KNOW: The tree, which is the last piece of the puzzle, although we are pretty sure that this is correct anyway, is Robert The Bruce's Yew. "Legend has it that The Bruce took shelter from pursuing enemies under the evergreen canopy, entertaining his troops with tales of valour." Here's a picture:

Or they’re just saving the two most surprise civs for last. One for “AHA, didn’t see them coming!” and one for “Bow before your long awaited warmonger king!”

Do you expect the last two to be both revealed next week? Or will one of them be revealed the same week as release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom