[GS] Sneak Peak 3/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• civ image.png
    civ image.png
    380.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Without finding the painting or whatever that it is from it’s all going to be stabs in the dark.
Keeping my vote I can but feel 50/50 with Maori, however it really could be any of them, that bit at the front is very odd and to me indicates artistic licence in a painting but seeking is not finding.

I dreamt last night we would get Eleanor next. She would have a unique Thestre Square and a unique market, but no unique units.

Cancel this thread, that's SO gonna happen

It could be Inca but not in Machu Picchu. After all Machu Picchu was lost to modern mankinds for centuries. No civilization should see the Inca king standing in front of that secret town eventhough it's very famous now.
It's an artificial myth that Machu Picchu was totally unknown for that long, fueled heavily by Bingham. It's not the legendary "lost city of the Inca", Vilcabamba is, but that legend ended in the 16th century, when it was conquered. Bingham used that legend and projected it on Machu Picchu. The place is marked and named on numerous Spanish maps from the 16th and 17th century. We have (afaik) no contemporary description of it, so the Spanish might not have been there though, besides some individuals. And individual European travelers have been there in the 18th and 19th century as well. A tipp for visiting: go through the internet and look for photos from the beginning of the 20th century and compare it to your modern impressions after the visit. It's worth half an hour to do so.

My first guess was the Inca due to me associating the Inca with Terrace farms in Civ V and the teaser showing what looks like a location where a terrace form could be developed.

I'm sticking with Inca.

I'm sticking with Maori. Eager to see what they did with them...

I think it will turn out to be a non-specific New-Zealand mountain/cliff range, potentially with water to the right of the picture and the cliffs (still cannot see a waterfall there), making it similar to a fiord such as Milford Sound.

Imho the mountain/hill would look more recognizable if it were meant to portray the Andes.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Hopefully reddit didn't get it either. It would be shameful if they got it and we didn't. Just a little friendly competition. We have to maintain status as the premier civilization place. :)

I'm still not seeing Inca, I'm sticking with my initial guess at Maori, but I still think there's a strong case for Canada.

It has too much sky to be the Inca, IMO. Plus the color palette is feels more in line with a Civ by the sea.

Someone in subreddit mentions pink and white terraces that got destroyed by an eruption in 18-something. The white thing could be this?

Someone in subreddit mentions pink and white terraces that got destroyed by an eruption in 18-something. The white thing could be this?
They may very well have it, I wish I had seen them in real life but they were completely wiped out when Tarawera erupted. (1886). Waimangu valley is half way between Taupo and White island, classic volcanic shiz.
However, upon looking at a peak in the painting by Bloomfield, that white stuff was stumping me until now.
Also, maybe they could be a new natural wonder (that did not last)
Updating my guess to Maori now
upload_2018-12-4_13-3-22.png

There are about 10 other travertine terraces of note, I visited these at Pamukkale
upload_2018-12-4_13-29-41.png

Would be cool to live here (apart from the tourists)
upload_2018-12-4_13-41-34.png

Last edited:
Hopefully reddit didn't get it either. It would be shameful if they got it and we didn't. Just a little friendly competition. We have to maintain status as the premier civilization place. :)

I'm still not seeing Inca, I'm sticking with my initial guess at Maori, but I still think there's a strong case for Canada.
I can see it being Littlefinger of the Vale of Arryn before I see Canada. :p

What competition? All I see on the civ subreddit are a bunch of reposts of my screenshots and even someone just taking a screenshot of my entire post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom