1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Sneak Peak 30/01

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jan 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

There's no need to add a blob Polynesian Civ. If Firaxis replaces them with say the Maori or Hawaii, a Moai UI won't make sense. Rapanui is too small of a culture to be added on its own. Perhaps, they can be added as a City-State which allows its suzerain to build Moai UI?

2. Eramas

Eramas Warlord

I can't wait for my boy Shaka.

3. drubell

drubell Prince

I hope it's not a UI.. I feel there's enough of those for this expansion (India, Cree, Scotland, Netherlands). I hope there's a government plaza unique or another UB. I don't think the expansion has shown off a UB yet, has it?

4. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Prince

Maybe the penguins in the Amundsen Scott video are a hint for things to come ;)

Thormodr, CPWimmer and Wielki Hegemon like this.
  5. Weraptor

Weraptor King

No, it is a UI.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  6. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Well, maybe it gets interesting adjacency or increases loyalty...

7. Guandao

Umm... the Mongolian Ordu is a unique building (replacement for the Stables)....also the Georgian Tsikhe (Walls are considered buildings)

There's only 1 Unique District left (the Ikanda according to the Preview Build's Civilopedia), and one Unique Improvement left.

8. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

Awesome. So I guess the initial Mapuche guesses were right. Pretty happy with this.

9. Guandao

To those worried about the Inca not getting into Civ6, please don't be. They definitely will get in at some point after R&F's release.

If they don't, I would be questioning the Firaxis design team's logic. :p Especially since the Aztecs are already in, and I consider the Inca and Maya more important. :p

10. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

Lautaro's article on Wikipedia reads like a movie script. What an exciting life and interesting character. I'm glad Civilization shines some light on characters like these.

11. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

The Mapuche aren't likely to get cultural bonuses, are they? Surprised that we're going an entire expansion without a culture civ (I guess Scotland somewhat).

12. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

It‘s a bit disappointing that R&F probably won‘t feature scenarios. Having a map of Chile and trying to conquer 15 fortresses with Mapuche troops would have been nice. Maybe similar to Alexander‘s scenario, but I think that could have been avoided.
    On the other hand this may mean an Inca DLC with a scenario without Europeans, revolving about the foundation of the Inca Empire with Mapuche, Tiwanaku, Chachapoya, Quito etc. as factions.

Thormodr, Guandao and Phoenix1595 like this.
  13. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Very well, preparing for tomorrow "Not Inca?" "Why not Ottomans?" storm on YouTube :p

14. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I don‘t think so - but maybe the defend well against a cultural victory with an ability.

15. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

It's not going to be the Inca... :(
    But I always welcome new civs on the list, especially a civ that's from the Southern Cone.

I really hope they would be in the game in some form, be it an expansion or a DLC.

Thormodr and Guandao like this.
  16. Guandao

I think Tiwanaku was long gone by the time the Incas took power. But add the Chimu to the list of factions. :D And present-day Ecuador would have several factions (Caranqui, Canari, Puruha, Palta, Panzaleo, Manteno, Huancavilca, etc).

Thormodr likes this.
  17. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

I think it has been hinted but not fully clarified: the Sword (spanish) may be a reference to the fact Lautaro was captured when young and served as Pedro de Valdivia’s Page (and caring about his master sword has been probably selected as a Page duty).

This can make for a potential LUA about receiving boosts when attacked by more advanced civs (as Lautaro used what he learnt as a servant of the Spanish against the Spanish)

Thormodr likes this.
  18. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

You are right abou Tiwanaku, I always thought they blended into the Inca, but apparently vanished before. I‘m not sure if we need 10 factions ;-)

Guandao likes this.
  19. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

Chemamulls could provide culture; the Mapuche were known for their trade of textiles and silver products - could somehow get culture from trade routes.

Who knows though

Thormodr likes this.
  20. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Give us a Hawaii civ with Kamehameha.

Moai should just be a regular wonder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.