SNES - Excavation! Mining for Gold!

Sanotra

Wannabe Modder
Hello, and welcome to Sanotra's NES (SNES)

This is SNES- Excavation

The Goal: Dig through the underground to reach the gold vein.

# of players: 7

The Miners:

Rhawn - green
Charles Li - yellow
Diamondeye - pink
electric926 - red
firestorm94 - blue
kulko - black
Bratmon - white

Getting around:
In order to go deeper into the underground, the miners must dig through the soft dirt. avoid toxic gas, avoid falling into pitfalls, and find a way to blast through weak rock.

Regular Space:
Spoiler :
A miner can walk through regular space 4 squares per turn.

Dirt:
Spoiler :
Each miner can dig through 2 dirt squares a turn. In the orders, you must give me a direction to dig; up, right, down, left. You are allowed 2 per turn. Be careful though, as you can only see one of the spaces your going to dig!

Rock:
Spoiler :
Rock wall is impossible to dig through, find a way around, or find a weak spot in the wall.

Weak Rock:
Spoiler :
A miner is able to blast through weak rock if they have a stick of dynamite on them. Blasting through weak rock allows the miners to advance.

Pitfall:
Spoiler :
A pitfall is a weak area in the ground which will fall through into a small crevice which will leave your miner stuck. If he does not have a rope, to climb out with, he will suffocate at the end of 3 turns. Any other miners on the team can help free the stuck miner if they have a rope.

Toxic Gas:
Spoiler :
A miner may accidentally stumble onto toxic gas, in which case the gas sprays into their eyes, leaving them blind for one turn. They can still move, and give orders to dig, but it is not advised.

Things you can find:

Flashlight:
Spoiler :
The normal vision for a miner facing dirt or rock, is 1 square, but with a flashlight, the miner can magically see past whats in front of him, and see an extra square. However a flashlight wears out after 3 turns.

Batteries:
Spoiler :
If a miner holding a flashlight is fortunate enough to find batteries within 3 turns, an extra 3 turns is added to the extra vision. Batteries can be picked up by someone who does not have a flashlight, and applied to flashlight picked up in the future, or traded with someone carrying a flashlight (if in an adjacent square).

Rope:
Spoiler :
If you find a rope, and then fall into a pitfall, you can climb out, and the rope will disappear. If one of your fellow miners fall into a pitfall, and you reach an adjacent square of them within 3 turns, you will pull them out with your rope.

Dynamite:
Spoiler :
Dynamite is useful because it removes that pesky weak rock which gets in your way. By making an order to place dynamite your miner will automatically put the dynamite onto the square where he is, and move one space back. If the stick is blowing up weak rock, the weak rock will disappear, leaving level ground. Placing dynamite in a regular situation, will move you back one, and blow up 2 dirt in front of the stick, and 1 on each side.

Quick Tutorial:

Moving Around:
Spoiler :

Placing Dynamite:
Spoiler :

We are short on players, an this place is slow moving. Best to give it at least a day before you start poking.

Also, tbh, this seems better placed in Forum Games?

We are short on players, an this place is slow moving. Best to give it at least a day before you start poking.

Also, tbh, this seems better placed in Forum Games?

I dont know what forum games is >.<

Move what?

Easy, easy. Its only been a day since you started this. Some games can take months to start! This isn't a chat board, expect a while before someone joins. Not to mention Forum Games seems to be having a slowdown.

I don't have time for this, but it sure looks interesting.

Wait a bit, people will notice it eventually... You know what they say : "If you build it, they will come".

Cheers.

I'll join. I'd like to be green.

Top Bottom