Snooki is writing a novel

Whiskey_Lord

Deity
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/09/30/2010-09-30_snooki_the_author_talk_about_a_reach.html?r=news

I thought Twilight and Justin Bieber's memoirs would be the lowest that the publishing world could sink, but I was wrong. One of the Jersey Shore girls is going to take up the pen now. Is it safe to say our culture is doomed yet? This might at least kill whatever chance the novel had at becoming high art, especially since virtually ANYONE can get published now if they pay enough money, apparently.

Who is this Snooki, and why should I care?

Who is this Snooki, and why should I care?

This girl from the MTV show Jersey Shore. She has a fake tan and an inflated ego, which she plays up in order to attempt to make herself a pop culture icon despite not really having any particular talent besides making an ass of herself on television. She has been pretty successful at doing this so far.

I think people originally just found her stupidity entertaining, but she has achieved considerable genuine fandom from people who admire her for reasons I don't really understand.

Oh and why should you care?

You shouldn't. In fact you'll probably be a slightly happier person if you forget everything I just said and continue to ignore her.

I think the thread title is misleading. I seriously doubt she is "writing"this novel. Dictating (and having the actual writer fill in the blanks) does not equal writing.

virtually ANYONE can get published now if they pay enough money, apparently.

That's always been the case. It's called vanity publishing.

Actually, vanity publishing used to have far less of a stigma attached to it in the past than it does now. Quite a few figures now considered major authors self-published their work or paid others to do it for them, such as W.B. Yeats. It's only more recently that the general view has developed that anything of artistic value must also be commercially viable.

As a friend of mine from New Jersey said recently, in a few years he'll be able to get lap dances from these Jersey Shore girls if he wants. So no reason to pay attention to them now.

As a friend of mine from New Jersey said recently, in a few years he'll be able to get lap dances from these Jersey Shore girls if he wants. So no reason to pay attention to them now.

But why would you want to? Snooki isn't exactly known for her looks. I'm not sure what exactly she is known for, but looks ain't it

But why would you want to? Snooki isn't exactly known for her looks. I'm not sure what exactly she is known for, but looks ain't it

It was really a snark comment on why go and pay any money to see them now when you can see them so much more in the near future.

I do not even know what a Snooki is. It sounds like a cartoon hamster, but it seems to be some sort of humanoid female? And not a very bright one?

I do not even know what a Snooki is. It sounds like a cartoon hamster, but it seems to be some sort of humanoid female? And not a very bright one?
You hit all of the major points except for the orange skin and living in Jersey, both of which fall under "not very bright" anyway.

Guido and guidette aren't racist epithets.

"Prejudicial or discriminatory on the basis of ethnicity" is a bit of a mouthful. :p

I thought they referred to Italians?
JWoww is notably not Italian; Snooki's mostly Chilean (with some Italian ancestry). But in general, if you want a slur on Italians, you use wop. Guido/guidette refers usually to the Jersey image in general and that annoying tan in particular.

Since the topic went to guidos/Italians, I feel obliged to quote SNL.
If I want to see a bunch of animals having sex, I just have to go to a prom in New Jersey.

Governor, lets leave New Jersey out of this.

Thats what the Constitution should say!

Top Bottom