So about those great generals...

TravisATWA

Chieftain
WTF are you guys doing with them all? I'm tempted to delete them but that seems like a waste. You cant gift them to city states and i dont need 15 to fight a 2 front war. Plus i really dont want/need a billion citadels everywhere

WTF are you guys doing with them all? I'm tempted to delete them but that seems like a waste. You cant gift them to city states and i dont need 15 to fight a 2 front war. Plus i really dont want/need a billion citadels everywhere

My first game a militant neighbor got Great Wall, I conquered a smaller city next to the capital then placed a citadel right at the edge, enabling a much less messy battle. Instances like this and others are going to make the citadels much more useful than previously.

Didn't it sort of feel like an abuse burning a handful of GG for a 50 turn Golden Age?

While i agree, that just burning them for GA was kinda cheesy, it also seems silly to me that we're going to be deleting them on a regular basis. Like i said in my current game, i have 2 im using with my armies and then 3 just sitting there. I have no real choke points to drop citadels at. I just wish you could gift them to city states

You don't have to use them only at chokepoints. They work like culture bombs. I've picked up three luxuries this way in my first game. (The citadel is a bonus, and can be replaced by another improvement.)

Do you get the same negative diplo hit for "culture bombing" i didnt actually do it because i had no need in my current game, but obviously culture bombing is quite useful

Do you get the same negative diplo hit for "culture bombing" i didnt actually do it because i had no need in my current game, but obviously culture bombing is quite useful

I used one in a war, and another in open territory, with no diplo hit in either case. I would hope there'd be a hit if I stole territory in peacetime.

There is a diplo hit if you use it in peace time. I stole a luxury from bismark and he got pissy about it for the rest of the game I think or at least a very long time.

Top Bottom