So, after 1 night playing which civilization impress you the most?

KAZUY4

Warlord
I had a couple of games yesterday but I was very impress with Spain.
In Emperor level I reached a Economic victory with them but it was so fun. Early scouting with the Galleon really gave me a bonus, because I found the 3 relics in no time + getting 50% more gold for exploration gave me the 1st settler (the one for free when you reach 100 gold) only a few minutes after the game start!!!.

I was a little bit behind in technology, but with the 50% Gold bonus I was able to rush so many buildings that at one point I could it choose any kind of victory.
Without any push I flipped 4 cities and my gold income was over 2500 per turn, including some colonies also. I had so much gold that I had 3 Megacities producing buildings and units and 2 more pumping settlers + 5 more that I captured later in my path of destruction.
And another factor that probably not many people realize is HOW important is to have sea control. With the bonus of +1 naval combat it was huge!! They whole ocean belongs to Spain in that game. Plus the naval support when you are attacking and defending is way to much to not keep him in mind.

I like them a lot, probably I'll be playing with Spain online, but I'm still testing the others civilizations before I can decide 100%.

I only played a few hours of one game and I randomly ended up with Ghandi. Having every resource available from turn one was pretty nice. Unfortunately I can't compare him to other leaders yet. Having said that though, I wasn't really able to gain much of an upper hand with Ghandi, but that's probably because it was my first REV game. My starting landmass kinda sucked too. His era bonuses we're okay, but again I have nothing to compare it to.

I like spain but sometimes the maps are not well suited for spain.

for example on one game i started and I ending building galleons on a large lake ~_~

I was very impressed with Japan, the +1 food per sea tile is an incredible bonus.

Single Player, I have to say Spain with it's seaward bonuses were pretty good. I also like Russia and being able to see some early resources and huts off the bat.

Multi-Player, the Mongols and their ability to nab cities like it's nobodies business and France, because I'm a culture fiend are the best.

see sig...

the two I'm been the most are Arab and Indian.
Indian - twice on Emperor and am still yet to get a victory. I just don't seem to get anywhere with them.
Arab - twice on Emperor and as the end nears, I have my choice of which victory I want. last night was one of the funnest matches I've played. instead of it being a 3 hour, 3 city, turtle up inside, fight off AI, snoozefest, victory.... it was a slugfight where I took two caps, didn't really have to fight off much AI, and ended up with a Culture win where I had 23/20 required!!!!

obviously I haven't used them all and probably won't for quite some time (because I only use Random), but the Arabs would be the civ I'd choose (so far) if I actually did do that (which I don't)

The Mongols converting Barbarians allows you to have a huge empire very early on. Sure the locations aren't perfect but it doesn't matter when you have 4 cities using only 2 warriors before others civs even make their first settler. Very map dependent though.

America for me. The ability to cheaply rush units is amazing; it kept me going even while i had four enemies constantly hitting my borders.

I've also got to admit that spain is really nice.

Of course the Romans with the mega-city are the most powerful, and I haven't been able to come up with anything even close to as quick and dominant as that. I won an easy eco victory on king for my first game. I'm not a great player, so when I go for the Deity wins I'll probably use this, as it'll give me the best chance.

The other really good game I've had was with the Japanese. Looking back, I probably didn't play it as well as I should have but I still got a tech victory in the early 1900's. But that growth from ocean tiles is amazing, coupled with harbors, East India, and other sea wonders, its pretty incredible.

I really like the healing bonus of the Aztechs, it's pretty ridiculous. Rome starting with Republic is also nice. I havn't had much experience with the other civs.

Top Bottom