So anyway, place your bets: when will civ7 arrive?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Krajzen, May 30, 2022.

1. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Emperor

NATO symbols

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  2. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Prince

that game is more Heroes of might and magic than it is civ series. dont get me wrong i love it but it is still not historical or 4x strategy. it is more like 4X+magic+turn based combat. i dont see that kind of game to appeal a lot to the devs of the civ franchise with their target of easy going casual players as the focus group

3. Abaxial

Abaxial Emperor

It wouldn't surprise me if Civ 7 went full-on fantasy. Civ 6 already has zombies and vampires and wizards (soothsayers), so why not add the odd orc and troll? Or at least dinosaurs, given that someone at Firaxis apparently believes dinosaurs existed in the Stone Age. Wasn't there a dinosaur option in Civ 2? Easy-going casual players love dinosaurs! It's us lot that are sticklers for history.

4. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

I'd actually love to see Firaxis develop a full - on fantasy spin - off of Civilization. Like, you know, the entire format of historical 4X through all ages (I mean probably ending in "gunpowder and renaissance" or "steampunk") in some constructed universe with fantasy units, heroes, magic, quests, rpg elements and so on. Many civilizations spread over many races and creativity in how fantasy setting would apply to "civilization stuff" such as economy, trade, tech tree, politics, cities and so on.

And then they'd maybe remove all blatant fantasy and sci fi elements and spin off modes from Civ series, because they simply take energy that could be put into the regular content. I'd be perfectly fine if there were no future age at all, end date being like 2050 and tech tree ending like right now plus few technologies which are realistically achievable. Scientific victory through Mars travel or idk solving global warming, please not pure anime of mechs (realistically unviable in modern warfare) or pure sci fi of civ6 FTL engine (which as far as we know is still physically impossible) going for exoplanet.

(also, I still can't understand why did devs decide to include separate future era, with very little actual content in it, to artificially prolong late game EVEN MORE in a game with horrible late game; like seriously, all meaningful content within it could be simply at the end of the last "regular" era)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    shaglio and Zegangani like this.
  5. Abaxial

Abaxial Emperor

I'm really surprised they haven't done this.