1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So how do you win at this game??

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by stripes, Feb 25, 2011.

1. stripes

stripes Chieftain

Cheers civasassin :)

2. stripes

stripes Chieftain

Well I finally won my first game at prince difficulty, 10 nations, 12 CS's standard map!

In the end I got a Diplomatic victory after playing much of the game with about 6 allied CS's. I had Catherine on the run (my main opponent) at the end after hitting her with about a dozen nukes. I also had so much cash the last 20 turns or so I was able to buy a number of CS allies as well to ensure my vote at the UN.

One question though - do you experienced players always follow the advice of your advisors. I find often their recommendations turn out to be good ones though they might seem a bit silly at the time, but sometimes I just wonder if I should just follow my own instinct?

3. Toshiro126

Toshiro126 Warlord

Follow your own instincts. Makes things a lot more interesting and I think you will develop into a better player faster. Also, if you want to get advice, these forums have no shortage of great players will to help! :goodjob:

4. Civsassin

Civsassin Immortal

@ Stripes

You're right of course. There are very good players in these forums who can teach you much. Read, learn, and add your own spin to the strategies. You may even invent one that is new and unique, so trust your instincts...