So, how was 2013 for you?

How was 2013 for you?

• Good

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Average

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • It's 1913, son. Next one will be 1914.

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kyriakos

Creator
How was 2013 AD for you?

I think that, in some few (but for me very notable) ways it was a positive year for myself. Some more publications and other stuff, more networking with circles i care a bit about.

Otherwise, 2013 was another rotation in the vortex which seems set to pretty much suck this world to the other side, pretty soon. Don't recall when, but the people obviously chose Charybdis.

Absolutely appalling!

Honestly, I can't remember a year when I've had so few things go right. And so many, admittedly comparatively minor, things go wrong.

I'm very glad to see the back of 2013.

I do hope 2014 isn't any worse. And I'd like it to be a lot better.

Probably more good than bad, but the bad bits do really stick out.

GOOD:
By far my most successful year professionally.
First full year of married life, went very well
Secured an excellent apartment
Partook in meaningful church service thanks to my wife and I both serving in leadership positions
Made new friends

Bad:
Mom's cancer returns
Wife had a miscarriage
Having two people serve in church leadership can be SUPER STRESSFUL

Next year is probably going to be our biggest year yet in a lot of ways. We're moving in a month, and *fingers crossed* will have a pregnancy *stick* this time.

Mine was average. Which is good. I've had a very good life, so an average year is a good year.

First half of it spent being unemployed, the second half spent trying to make up for the lost three years in a minimum wage job.

In all, it's bad.

Pretty good year. Successful semester at uni, followed by travelling for a few months, then moving into a new place and settling in easier than I expected.

I spend most 2013 in southern hemisphere: Australia, New Zealand which was something like dream come true experience and I plan on dreaming and fullfiling new dreams in 2014 as well. I am right now in Salzburg (Austria) and potentialy I will be some time in New York, Montpellier (France) and Kyoto (Japan) next year. I really want to keep on moving and doing and learning new stuff and meeting new people.
That said I have met some astrologer who told me that 2014 should be tough year for reasons I already forgot. However usually she is about 50% right....:lol:

Meh, ups and downs.

I was good for about 8 months, then went weird. Adjusting to life's curveballs is just part of life, though. I guess.

For the most part it was absolutely shocking with health issues, but ultimately that came to a head at the end of December and as a result I feel so much better since then, so while most of it was shocking, the ending was on a high, although things can get much better.

It had its ups and downs (March was a terrible month for me), but I think it was overall positive year and I had a lot of good experiences.

The endless media-driven crises were more annoying this year than they've been previously.

Like, I can't abide all this yammering about Otto Liman von Sanders. Who cares about the Turkish military anyway?

- Went on many road trips to start the scenic landscape photography online stock business
- rough transition from web advertising to mobile games costing me a pretty penny in business profits
- over 2700 miles cycled on bike
- several hundred miles hiked in various states
- Finally went SSJ

In all, not a bad year.

Good stuff:
Missourah
MLS All Star Game
Manchester United pre-Moyes
Having a girlfriend for a short while
High school
Learner's permit for driving
Saxophone and music
Boston Red Sox and Sporting KC winning championships

Bad:
Great-grandfather's death
One of my dogs' death
Losing above girlfriend
My dad
Social anxiety and related "hate myself for (reason)" stuff
My dad's obsession with forcing me to do things (or not do things)
Moyes's Manchester United

Lots of good things, lots of bad things.

Best one yet. Got engaged, got into grad school, got out of the food service industry, moved to another country, made a lot of new friends, and grew a lot personally. And best of all? I think I finally have an imaginable, stick-to-able but still flexible plan for the next several years of my life!

Sounds a bit like me.
My personal 2013 already began in the December of 2012 (no matter how dumb that sounds), because there the first things from my list happened.
So this whole thing includes for me, good and bad things, partially even trivial:
- moved to another country
- started my PhD studies; also my first real job (if that counts as "real")...and the workload totally crushes me right now
- made a lot new friends :)...but also had to say goodbye to a few :(
- tried a lot of new things, including simple stuff like food which I just never ate before (nothing exotic...e.g. Kiwis)
- first time sex (paid though)
- fell in love again...with a girl who has a BF
- started psychological treatment (that counts as positive)...after getting close to a nerve collapse a few times
- first time I celebrated my birthday in years
- first time I went to a birthday party in years
- first time I lived together with people (not considering family)
- finally not anymore only interested in computer/internet -> I have a life...sort of
- related to above: Dropped out of moderating here. Not sure if that's good or bad.
- first time in years I played boardgames...and love it
- started sports
- lost 25 kg
- first time gone on holidays
- first time been in a plane
- visited 2 countries the first time
- got a lot more open
- ...and developed myself quite a bit...that might be the conclusion from the whole list

...what to say...best year of my life til now. Hopefully getting even better in 2014.

Top Bottom