So I won my first conquest victory as Rome...

TheologiaCrucis

Warlord
...got ballista and legion and conquered China while building forts all around Shaka to contain him. Meanwhile, I bribe Germany to attack Ahmad Al'Monsur. While they are going at it I swoop in and devour Shaka's cities. He has Impi, but he still can't hold against my legions. While I keep his last city under siege I steal Rabat out from under Germany with some troops I have idling inside German territory, and sell it to him for a massive amount of gold. I make peace with Morocco, crank out some fresh troops in my homeland, and build roads through the mountain-locked eastern Tundra where Catherine lives.

Never mind though, because i upgrade all my legion to Longswordsman and then to Musketmen and attack Germany, because whatever. I also send galleass in for support, and trebuchets. It's all over within 30 turns. My people are pretty pissed off and musketmen barbarians are spawning in my territory, but they don't pose much trouble, because my cities are garrisoned. I rush buy a few more in my cities to deal with them.

I attack Morocco and Cathy at the same time with two armies, on different sides of the world. Catherine doesn't put up much fight. Morocco's final city, however, is a beast. I suspect artificial difficulty... His city and garrison two-shot all of my trebuchet and galleass in one turn. I have to exploit a weak AI by luring him into attacking already damaged foot soldiers, just so i can move siege into place and get one shot off. Many melee units die as they pillage and attack his walls, and I annex previously captured cities without a consideration for happiness just so that I can rushbuy more units and keep throwing them in. Finally Marrakarech falls...cue victory screen.

I choose 'just one more turn' and wipe out Catherine's last city. Then I'm all alone, the only player remaining on the map.

I felt gross, and needed a shower after that. I hate this game so much. Why do I keep playing it?

Are you playing in 1 session? This thing destroys lives.

Enviado de meu ST25a usando o Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom