So, in what ways did the AI beat you so far?

So how did the AI beat you (may pick mulitple)

• AI cannot beat me! muahahaa

Votes: 27 20.9%
  • Time

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Conquest

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Space Race

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • Diplomatic

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Domination

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cultural

Votes: 30 23.3%

• Total voters

vorius

Warlord
My first game I lost via Space Race. I had 3 more turns before I completed my last part then the Americans beat me! :cry:

So how did you lose? :D

haha, that's what happened to me.
I was playing against 7 other nations. I was in the space race with two other and i had about a dozen turns left to complete the space ship. But they got me, They had more cities than i did.

I'm nearing the end of my third game, and have yet to lose :smug:

Altough this one could go down to the wire. Germany and America could potentially threaten my lead.

I have played several games so far and on less than warlord its fairly easy to win.
Above warlord things get a little tougher. So far I havent tried the space race, been trying for this new type cultral victory and have yet to pull it off.
Can get my first two cities to legend status but the 3rd seems to be just shy of enough points and I run out of time.
Most games I have played I lose to time...mmmmm...is there a cheat to turn back the clock ? :lol:

I was conquered by barbarians in a game but the other AI civs haven't beaten me yet.

AI cannot beat me!
My game is not finished, but I just freaked out the Persians and the Indians, and lead everybody in points. Only Egypt is near me in techs (I got rifling and others, they got MT) and I have a quite big military (loads of Grenadiers and Knights and a few Rifles). I'm gonna win. Easily.

While I usually don't finish my games, my 1st game my empire was crippled by a war with Monty who took my capitol, which was loaded with wonders. I was pretty much doomed then, and Huanya Capac eventually made it to Alpha Centauri.

On the few occasions that I've lost, it's usually been via that sneaky, cheesy AP diplomatic win. If I am able to determine that every civ on the planet has the AP religion present in at least one city, I will often set out to raze the damn thing.

I suppose I could say I've lost once or twice by conquest--not that the AI has technically won a conquest, but they managed to wipe me out, and I'm not usually in a mood to watch the AI play the game without me after that, even if it was possible. :sad:

The poll does not allow multiple choices, despite its claims.

I've lost to everything except time and conquest (i've been defeated in war, but never seen the AI chain cap everyone else and then finish me off before it got another VC). Domination from the AI is very, very rare however. I think I've lost that way once or twice ever.

Also, nobody wins immortal or deity 100% of the time. If someone says otherwise, they're lying. Very high % (90+) on immortal is doable though...although I'm probably closer to 70.

Apparently this thread was close to 5 years old, pretty impressive. If I'd joined then, I wonder how many posts I'd have now ;).

Usually space race. AI going for culture will have one of the three cities on the water or within striking distance of a border most of the time, so I can raze if I have to. If an AI is beating me in the space race, though, his military is usually advanced to the point where I cannot fight my way to the capital and kill it...and my "friends" will be too afraid of his military might.

How did you even find this thread? It's ancient...:confused:

I've only ever finished one game, my first one (space race). Every other one I've either quit/restart when things took a severe turn against me, or my interest just putters out around the industrial/modern era. :undecide:

I remember once when I was playing a modified version of Earth18 as Sury. I was about 20-30 turns away from winning via Space, when a UN Diplo Victory vote came up. I wasn't paying attention so I accidentatly voted for Shaka, who won because of my votes. I was pretty pissed with myself.

Cultural.

Always some gaylord (five hundred miles away from where I could plausably conquest him back to the stone age) spamming cathedrals, late game wonders, anything that makes his civ big, loud, colourful and annoying enough for the game to acknowledge his grand spam thereby granting victory

I lost to AI Space, Cultural and Diplomatic victories of both types. I also came very close to losing to Domination and Time (behind until the last turn, winning by nuclear holocaust).

in my last 2 games,losing Cultural to England(Liz) and France(Louis)....
england was a bit difficult to stop cause some how Liz got a huge army guarding those cities....its like unstoppable..
France is a bit different,got 3 nations declare war on him,i join in the crusade,build a few ICBM and tactical nukes,preparing to NUKE louis but no luck and i should have kill off him earlier in the game instead of dragging till so late.

Top Bottom