1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So is ancient/classical great admiral b-roken! Or not?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by jg4444, Jun 26, 2012.

1. alpha wolf 64

alpha wolf 64 Byte me

in my 1st game, this is exactly what i did. the barbs couldnt touch me. might have been different if they have had any ranged ships because then they could have at least fired at me. but i have no fear of barbs at the moment.

2. Barghaest

Barghaest King

Hrm... not getting this in my game. GAs are restricted to coast until later... might need to check my settings, could be because of my mod... assigned them a unitcombatclass because I changed the way Ice worked in the game and made Norway able to traverse it - with a movement cost of 10 per tile - while every other civ gets the Cannot Enter Ice promotion added to their units so I had to assign combat classes to the civilians (oddly enough assigning a Civilian combat class to Missionaries stopped the barricade/unassailable coastal city bug as well).

3. Gliese 581

Gliese 581 Your average civ junkie

So I just found out about this after getting a Great Admiral from the commerce policy tree. It feels like a clear cheat to me though so I won't use him until I have the required tech.
    Exploiting bad AI in any number of ways or abusing oversights that are WAI but just not something the devs have thought about balancing yet is one thing but massive bugs like this one I won't use. To each his own though, it's up to each individual to do as they see fit.

4. Calouste

Calouste Deity

I'm not convinced this is a bug or an oversight. You won't get a Great Admiral that much earlier than when you would get Astronomy, and it definitely boosts what was considered the weakest tree in Vanilla.

5. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

Great Admiral need to be fixed.

6. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

Assuming it didn't pop in an insland sea or lake :p

7. floppymoose

floppymoose Warlord

It seemed like a nice perk to me and a reason to take the commerce tree early.

8. rsadiwala95

rsadiwala95 Chieftain

Early Barb Ship Cannot Enter Ocean Tiles...so Chill..!! run out in the ocean when u sight 1..!!

9. draaibaar

draaibaar Warlord

Yeah:)

What happens with your Great Admiral if you don't have any coastal city's?
    Anybody?

10. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

I had mine pop in ocean surrounded by ice/land :cry:

Edit: I was playing Sweden so, this admiral was in fact the hidden Nobel prize winner from Almaty :)
    (But I would have been fairly upset if playing any other civ)