1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So is there going to be a sequel?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by JasTiger, Dec 2, 2018.

1. JasTiger

JasTiger Chieftain

Is there going to be a sequel to BE or not? This game really took things in a great direction and I Think it would be an absolute shame for firaxis not to iterate on what they did with Civ 6 and make a planet colonizer civ game. The setting and writing were absolutely great, they just needed to drill this down deeper to make it a truly amazing game.

jozef57 and legalizefreedom like this.
  2. Darsnan

Darsnan Chieftain

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    legalizefreedom likes this.
  3. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

It doesn't mention the great mistake. It uses it as a section label.

4. Darsnan

Darsnan Chieftain

Well how about that! They must have updated the statement after my post. :yup:

Anyways, updated my post to reflect current link representation.

D

5. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

It is a noteworthy mention. Let's hope they continue the franchise.

The hard part is done. Introducing people to it, building the setting and taking the lumps associated with expectations. Now everyone knows what to expect and can hopefully appreciated it without making comparisons to other games.

DefiantMars likes this.
  6. Guide-on

Guide-on Chieftain

I am looking forward to it! :) :) Now, what would we want in it? I just posted an idea on the 4th affinity, and another on the BE is broken thread. I think both would be good, but what would you want?

7. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

Truthfully, I just want the first one finished...

Bl3ek and DefiantMars like this.
  8. Darsnan

Darsnan Chieftain

You mean like a second expansion? That'd be really nice, but unfortunately its probably not going to happen.

Anyways, getting back towards onto the topic of whether there will be a sequel or not, how about whether there would be an offshoot sequel similar to what Spaceships was to BE? From my perspective taking a slightly different approach here, if they were to take the XCOM approach of squads "doing things" and put it into the BE universe (i.e. a variety of missions on a variety of planets as represented in BE) I think that would be pretty cool, and draw a good crowd from both the BE fans as well as the XCOM crowd (read: taking advantage of already established fan bases to build upon). They've already got both game engines available and experienced staff working in both these environs, and a lot of the graphics from both games could just be re-used in this environment as well. And of course this would be a good way to introduce aliens into the BE Universe.

D

legalizefreedom likes this.
  9. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

Civ BE with Civ VI mechanics would be ideal for a sequel.

Exsolutus and DefiantMars like this.
  10. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Its called "Caveman2Cosmos" :p

There are a lot of space maps on forums.

11. Guide-on

Guide-on Chieftain

What would be great, would be if when you won the space race victory that your save would be used for BE. Your AI competitors would be the other surviving civs. The BE sponsors would be used to fill in for sponsors eliminated in the Civ VI before liftoff.

You would get a message that the internet tech had been stolen (if it wasn't already) upon liftoff. A message that the other civs are coming would follow moments later.

12. Guide-on

Guide-on Chieftain

Follow up.

Civ IV BTS had a Future War mod that started after the breakup of a one world government. It had the space race techs but disabled that VC. If you wanted to skip the Civ VI part, it would start in something like that.

13. Guide-on

Guide-on Chieftain

You could call New Horizons and CodeX new dlc's, except that they are free! :) :D

14. Guide-on

Guide-on Chieftain

How do you get "Caveman2Cosmos"? Steam does not carry it.

15. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

16. Guide-on

Guide-on Chieftain

I know that C2C is a mod of Civ IV. I have played Civ IV for years, and still play it; usually the Future War Epic mod of Civ IV BTS. The FWE tags the Future War tech tree onto the BTS tree which means that modern armor comes early enough to use. I have been trying to get a hold of C2C for probably 10 years. Any help GREATLY appreciated!

17. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

18. jozef57

jozef57 Chieftain

i really hope so, with differant creatures fr differant planets please., BE is a great game, and, i understand it is difficult to do,, but more differant live on the planets and true pionering and discovery could make it super

19. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

I'm playing a heavily modded BERT game right now and I see so many ways they could make a kick ass sequel for BE... they said this was going to be its own franchise, let's hope they didn't change the plan. Despite all flaws, the game is good [when modded, true] and deserves more chances.