So lets start this!

Strider

In Retrospect
Seems like we have a lot going on, but very little progress in actually starting the game. So it's about time we set a date for the first "rebellion."

How does this Friday sound?

All factions that plan on running can post inside of the index thread. If there are any coalitions that should be mentioned also (and put them under one ticket instead of two).

We should have our platform done soon. Friday isn't at all a bad time.

So are we voting Friday, or starting the debate?

Well, if all goes well, Tribal Council faction should be good to go with an election platform very soon, i.e. by Thursday morning latest. I say start debate Thursday afternoon, run through weekend, and vote on Tuesday? Only problem is that forum participation is week on Weekends.

Friday will be my first day on vacation. If polls are not open before I leave, I will PM Dave or someone with my vote. It's possible that I will have internet access on vacation, but don't count on it.

I think kwarrior's latest proposal works. Platforms by Thursday, let debate run Thursday thru Tuesday, and then start the voting. That way we get the weekend crowd and the weekday crowd.

Friday will be my first day on vacation. If polls are not open before I leave, I will PM Dave or someone with my vote.

Someone neutral like Rik Meleet might be a better choice.

With public polls, it may also be ok to write it in the thread, if tactical timing is not an issue, but that is another dimension.

Faction election is private, as far as I heard, but I thought we were discussing a general policy.

We should post our platforms within friday and start the debate friday, as people mentioned here, and open polls after Easter (Monday), and give that critical first rebellion poll to thursday or friday next week, then begin the game that weekend.

We cannot lose a substantial amount of voters due to a major holiday, but we can sure make debates there.

Faction election is private, as far as I heard, but I thought we were discussing a general policy.

For the general absentee voting policy discussion, go here.

That schedule sounds good, but I also want to check with someone on a minor technical point.

Italianajt, let me assure you that nothing has ended, nothing is restarting, but we are undergoing the arduous struggle to form a community, rules, settings, etc...we are all hoping that we can actually have our first prime faction election very soon. Right now, the factions are proposing their platforms, then they will post their platforms, then there will be a question and answer style debate, and then we will have a poll to elect the prime faction, and then, the game will be officially kicked off. That day will be exciting and worth all of the bottles of Advil...

Remember that all factions that plan on running must say so beforehand. As we really don't have much of a difference between guilds and factions it simplifies the process and eliminates groups that have no desire to compete.

Also any coalitions should be reported at the same time for they can be placed under a single ticket (once again simplifying the voting).

I'll go on and place a deadline of Sunday for the "registration" if I can get an announcement up soon.

Tribal Council is running. I didn't think there was much question about what factions are eligible.

As for announcing coalitions ahead of time, I agree it is needed if the factions don't meet the requirements for Prime Faction alone or they want to be listed as one, but another kind of coalition is possible which should not need to be announced in advance.

So, when are we starting?

dutch...go check out the debates, lol! It's starting already, hehe. I do believe though, that we were all in agreement to hold elections on Tuesday. However, there was additional discussions that led to having the platforms in on Friday, which they were. So, I'd say hold the debate through either Tuesday night or Wednesday night, then close debates and run the polling through the weekend or Monday. Then play the first turn on next Tuesday???

Top Bottom