So many races.... but where are the drow?

I'll help you with the drow if you help me with the Mechanos. Quick, distract Valkrionn while i go for a smash and grab...

Drows are just svarts living underground worshipping spiders, not a big enough difference.

I think wild elves would be more justified, and even then they'd be more barbarian.

Drows are just svarts living underground worshipping spiders, not a big enough difference.

I think wild elves would be more justified, and even then they'd be more barbarian.

That is a good point. Why are there so many feral orcs? Why no feral elves going berserk because you are turning so much forest into farms?

Where's MagisterCultuum when you need him?

The Svartalfar are probably the closest analogy to Drow in FfH. They represent the Winter side of the Seelie court, whereas the Ljosalfar represent Summer.

In RiFe (and Fall Further) there is a race called the Archos which has a strong affinity with spiders after surviving the Age of Ice underground.

I only know Drow from D&D based Games/ Romans/ P&P RPGs and yes in the D&D Universe they have some basic Spell abilitys. But the Drow there are balanced to other races with a big Sunlight handycap, slower leveling and if they leave the underground for to long they lose all theyr racial magic power.
So as long there is no seperat underground map/szenario I dont think the D&D based Drow sould be implemented as more then a event.

i disagree, you could even implement an underground mechanic:

All drow units get an inherent debuff, since they are on the surface. Their "cities" would just be entrances to the underworld and they also would apply a buff:
"life in darkness" this buffs has a say 40% wear off chance per turn and would negate this debuff, this way you could mimic their inherent weaknesses to the surface world. of course if this would be a good game play choice is separate topic.

I acctualy think having more Elves around would be interesting, but i dont realy have any smart idea atm.
:(

For me, the Svart are clearly drow, or at least they were designed with the drow in mind (as well as the Winter Court, of course. That's also why I'm not so fond of faeries). : most of the units are female except for workers, they favor Esus (deception, treason, manipulation), etc ...

They don't have innate magical abilities, true, but I just take that in as "Our drows are different". After all, Our vampires are different, so why not.

The spider thing is mainly religious, and the religious aspect is covered with Esus, so there. Maybe it would be possible to give them a more "Underdark" vibe, but I'm not even sure it's necessary.

maybe in "most"
But the drow do, in all

;)

I don't think Dark Elves are any more frequently magical then Elves in fiction generally. In fact Non-magical elves are pretty rare generally. To an extent FFH is unique in this respect, but Wild Mana does have the Fey who basically are "magical elves" or Fairies, which are not that dissimilar.

On the other hand a Civ of elementals could be rather cool.

In RIFE one can make something very simmiliar to the drow in making a new leader to Archos that gives Elven promotion to discipline and arcane Units.

In RIFE one can make something very simmiliar to the drow in making a new leader to Archos that gives Elven promotion to discipline and arcane Units.

Correction: "In RifE". R i f E. :p See that all the time, and I'm tired, so it's beginning to bother me. :p

Anyway: You could, but the Archos were designed to avoid becoming the Drow. There are no spider-riders, the priests are (for the most part) left in just the lore, and are male rather than female. Any hybrids are simply humans who have spider limbs coming out of their body (the back, specifically) rather than a spider-centaur.

Vehem repeatedly shot down suggestions that would make the Archos more Drow-like as well.

So while it wouldn't stop a modmod from reimagining them that way, it's not what was intended with them at all.

[to_xp]Gekko;9216390 said:
capitalization nazi! :p

No, acronym nazi. I'd just like the RifE acronym to be used correctly... It's not RIFE, it's not RFE, it's RifE. ;)

Hell, to be completely anal about it, I'd say it's R i f E. Bold, Italic, Palatine Linotype, space between each letter. :p

whatever, I can't help chuckling when someone says they're "completely anal" . eh.

also, back on topic, we don't need no stinkin tolkienesque cliches here.

THIS

IS

EREBUUUUUUS!!!

where vampires are alive and unicorns get killed for the lulz. welcome, and enjoy.

Top Bottom