So...No Germany Update?

The Zulu don't […] benefit from a late game unit.

Neither do the Germans! The Panzer, like the Zero, is a completely waste of a UU.

The B-17's saving grace is that its strengths can't be countered: it is better at everything a Bomber can do. Any unit that can defend against the B-17 has a much harder time defending against the B-17 than it would against a regular Bomber (and the B-17 has an easier time getting Logistics and Air Repair, too). In spite of all that, I still consider the B-17 a relatively poor UU, just because the game is so often won or lost by the time it arrives. A game in which your victory is balanced on a knife edge and the B-17 alone can make the difference is a vanishingly unlikely prospect.

The Panzer, on the other hand, has that same inherent weakness—how often are you at Combined Arms and find that victory hangs in the balance?—but is much easier to neutralize. Hit it with Artillery, with Bombers, attack it with an Anti-Tank Gun, pin it down with Infantry, whatever.

Neither do the Germans! The Panzer, like the Zero, is a completely waste of a UU.

Can't contradict that, sadly. The Panzer is pretty useless.

Personally, because I am slow in my decision to go to war, I would like to play a Civ that has a strong late unit. I seem to remember the Panzers served me well in that role in Civ 3, but sadly in Civ V I am much safer using the base Artillery.

Confirmed from MadDjinns live stream: No changes to Germany and America UA!

Top Bottom