So some kids at school got caught with pot...

Xxerxes, you should be having sex because you're responsible and would in effect prevent girls from sleeping with dangerous guys.

THeres good logical thinking for you.

Here's the thing Xerxes. You strike me as a pretty bright kid and I'd hate to see you pigeonhole yourself by hanging with the righteous crowd in high school. No one said you need to drink or smoke to hang out with multiple groups that might. Be social.

Be social, yes. But hanging with the righteous crowd won't pigeonhole you. At my high school there are tons of kids who drink (not so much smoking), but I've never hanged out (hung out?) with any who do, and there's still plenty who don't. Sometimes I'll talk with some who do, of course, but you can still have a great time without hanging out with the "non-righteous crowd".

There are students whom I wonder what will happen to. However, know where to stop. Most of the drinkers only do so on weekends, and most of the smokers don't do so on school grounds. A few people have been busted, but not many get to the point of those you described in the opening post. I assume those are amongst the worst cases?

A lot of it has to do with the parents. For just about all my friends, they'd be in huge trouble if ever caught doing drugs or something else illegal. For those dealing drugs or taking lots of them, the parents really don't care.

You seem to know how to avoid falling into the wrong crowds. Just make sure you're acting sensibly and everything should work out OK.

From where im standing, it has yet to be proven pots other side effects yet, there are studies that show it can have mental effects but these are not yet proven. From personal observation, well, you can always tell who does pot, so that tells me it obviously does something to you more than nothing. But I cant use my personal observations on an internet forum, but I can say that its still practically smoking, and it does create a hi, so the least they can do is make it legal to do at 21. Being high impairs judgment just like drinking does, so I think its best if we treat it that way, those kids though, there just so young......

I'm 13, most of my grade is 14. I'd guess somewhere between 15-25% of my grade participates in stuff like this. My point is things like these seem like things that could never happen to anybody you know but when they do it's so stunning.

We did "wrong" (I actually don't see what's so wrong) things too, just outside the school - safety measure.

(well, now when I think about it, I smoked pot right in the middle of the football field next to the school, when I was going home, totally drunk of course. I am getting nostalgic...)

In my school, illegal drugs are practically unheard of. I can't think of a single person who does illegal drugs

Although there are a few smokers (which is legal, even under 18)

THeres good logical thinking for you.

:lol: the women have an opportunity cost and if they choose him they cant choose a more risky partner. think about it.

this assumes that someone who doesnt have sex cares about their health and that if they did have sex they would be using condoms, more than someone who has less regard for their health and has sex more often.

its more of a societal benefit for safe guys like him to have sex, than others.

You know, sometimes I really wish I have the guts to break the rules and try drugs and do illegal deals and that sort of things. I really do. I guess I'm just tired of being the class' "walking atlas" (that's what people called me). But no, I don't have the guts to do anything of that sort even though I wish I could. I'm a coward, simple as that.

Anyway, here's the thing Xerxes. We're all control for our own actions. Even if people pressure you to do things and you're all surrounded by bad influences, in the end it's all up to you. Remember you have total control over yourself, so don't let others lead you in the directions you don't want to go.

Cheers, mate.

LL, that OP just made me laugh my ass off. Fugitives on the lam from the cops, stopping to break into homes and steal hotpockets:lol:

Youve got the right idea, keep away from drugs. Be cool, stay in school. Only you can prevent forest fires. Milk, it does a body good.

what a shocker :eek: ;)

no really, if some of your friends do pot, it doesn't mean that you have to as well. back in school many of my friends smoked pot, I didn't, they asked me once if I'd like a draw as well and after I declined they had didn't offer it anymore.

If they're really friends they'll accept that.

Cops came and questioned me in school after word got around that I was selling "Milo"

I was literally selling hot chocollate using Milo

Well, I don't drink, smoke or use drugs and I don't intend to. People's lives are easily ruined in such a way - I have heard numerous cases of it.

You know, sometimes I really wish I have the guts to break the rules and try drugs and do illegal deals and that sort of things. I really do. I guess I'm just tired of being the class' "walking atlas"

I never have such wishes. But then, I am not a "walking atlas".

If I had a way to get it, I'd irregularly use marijuana.

To the extent of my knowledge, there are no druggies in my year level but there are a few people who have got drunker than drunk.

There is no doubt in my mind that alcohol is worse for you than marijuana.

Zero doubt.

I do believe that 8th grade is a bit young for it. There is a lack of maturity in these kids that is clearly demonstrated in the original post. But as people continue to mature, there is not much reason that they can't have quality, well-rounded lives and smoke marijuana at the same time, as long as there is a certain level of responsibility involved. I have found that people from all walks of life smoke it up every once in a while.

I find it terrifying that kids that young are using heroin. That stuff ruins lives. A lady I used to work with has a son that is a crackhead. This kid comes from a solid family and I am certain he has been raised well. But somehow in high school the kid got involved with crack and his life has been a mess ever since. He has been hospitalized multiple times with heart problems and he has been in and out of jail. We are worried the kid is going to die because he can't stay away from the stuff. He is now 21 years of age.

Now here is the next issue. Is marijuana a "gateway drug?" Well, the lady who is worried she'll have to burry her son sure thinks so. I guess if I were her, I would feel that way as well. But I truly do not believe it is. I believe you are either going to take heavy drugs or you are not. There is no rhyme or reason. Many of my friends through college smoked marijuana. None of them ever tried anything heavier than ecstasy (which I do not recommend).

A budy of mine is convinced that the only reason marijuana is a gateway drug is because it forces people to deal with an illegal element. Would you ever be dealing shady people if you could walk into your corner party store and by a pack of marijuana cigarettes? Doubtful.

I want to say one last thing. Between all my friends who smoked and did not smoke, there is no correlation between post-college success. Those who smoked marijuana in college are not the least bit worse off than those who simply drank alcohol.

I am not saying it is good for you. I would recommend to anybody that they do not smoke marijuana here is the United States, if for no other reason than because it is illegal. It's just that I think most people have a highly innacurate view of what marijuana is.

:lol: Man get used to it. They do it even more in high school. These days in my high schools they've stopped suspending people for smoking weed because far too many people are doing it now.

So all that happens is that the princiapl yells at them and they carry on. Like before they would suspend for 3 days. Then they reduced it to 1 day. Now there's barely any consequence at all.

Like the first time I got drunk like properly drunk was when I was 14. And my friend brought sum vodka to school too, and actually in 9th grade I first drank in school. No maybe it was 10th I'm not sure. I remeber this guy offering me vodka in the restroom in school and I had some and I was a bit tipsy that day.

And I smoked some weed this year at 16. But I prefer alchol because weed is too hard to get hold of and costs more money. Its much easier for me to just go to a liquor shop and pick up some vodka or gin or whatever.

But yeah honestly its nothing to be shocked about because this is incredibly common you know. It happens everywhere. As for sex yes that happens too often is school as well. So yeah you sound kind of uptight I think you should have a drink and toke a bit. Thats what middle school and high school is for you know. Have fun do some drugs.

Top Bottom